advertisement

[FS] Phil Jones Bass Micro 7 Bass Practice Amp

claire.foxx

-⃝⃤
Asking £180 inc ship. (Currently this is also on on ebay at £199 — inc UK ship)
Available from Bass Direct for £275

Tiny and adorable little 50W bass amp is plenty loud despite its teeny tiny diminutive stature. 7” long throw bass driver plus tweeter means lots of bass detail is maintained with clear audible higher-up frequencies important to intonation. Its very good for Electric Upright Bass. I really need dual input amps these days. This is one input.

I decided to keep my other PJB amp, a PJB Bass CUB 110 as its a little louder, a little easier to add an extension cabinet. This is a practice amp you can take anywhere, on a bike, on a bus, noodling in a bedroom or in a small acoustic band practice, maybe amplified guitar if they’re not a screaming metalhead.. Small and discreet and *very* portable with an amazing array of possible tones from such a small box. It’ll fit in the cube space of an Ikea Lack with plenty room to spare.

It does a really nice fat bass as well. Put against a wall and let the rear ports do their job. PJB is good quality hardware throughout.

This is in pretty much new condition, no dings or nasties. I bought it to compare with my Cub MkII 110. It even got used for recording a little song a week ago. Before it arrived the original buyer bought it in the spring from Bassdirect. Everything works great and comes with a power lead and I’ll add a Bass Cable as well. I bought it used a few weeks ago when I was deciding on the Cub vs the Micro 7 and in the end decided on the Cub, but there’s not a lot in it. Cub II wins on account of being a gigging combo amp: DI outs, ground lifts, extension cabs and so on. The Micro 7 can also do this but thats via Single Ended Aux. I also don’t like the black rat fur look, but thats me. This is a home practice amp for recording or noodling on.

Have a review

https://mixdownmag.com.au/reviews/bass-amps/reviewed-phil-jones-bass-pjb-m7-micro-7-bass-amplifier/

Sorry for poor quality photos. I’m not feeling too well.

advertisement

Back