advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cracking shots all round chaps - very nice indeed!

Here's my latest effort from my journey into the world of painting. Started and finished whilst my son had a nap earlier today. Hardly a masterpiece but I had a great time painting it :)

Lefty
Great effort Lefty, I can't even imagine trying it personally, I reckon a class at playgroup would better me lol

Thanks buddy - it took me ages to work up the courage to even pick up a paintbrush. Glad I did though. If nothing else, it gives my son and I something to learn / do together. It won't be long before he overtakes me - lol.

Drummerman - I'll not be out in the fog I'm afraid. Jealous of those who are able to get out though!

Meanwhile here's a bit of fun :)

Judge me by my size, do you? by Amar Sood, on Flickr

Fuji X-T2 / XF60mm f2.4 Macro / Nissin i60a / Lastolight Ezybox Hotshoe Softbox

Lefty

Liking your 'uncertain' series Jem.

Here's another from my short series of Lego Star Wars mini figures. Not everyone's cup of tea but I like it because the skills involved are identical to that for portrait photography with flash / softbox. (And I don't have any people to practice on!)

The Dark Side by Amar Sood, on Flickr

Lefty

Thanks!
I've been doing stuff like this, on occasion, for some years, but never knew what to do with the images, and they tended to be one-offs. I'm starting to think about putting on another exhibition this year, and I'm toying with the idea of pictures on a theme, rather than a selection of "current work". I'm therefore working on a number of sets of images - monochrome flowers will eventually become a book, but I need more material, and have now decided on a "look" that I will have in mind when I start shooting in the spring. I have a more general monochrome project, that may end up being themed on street and urban photography (I live in the countryside, so urban is alien to me...) and the uncertain series is loosely based on architecture. I'm enjoying playing with the "knobs" again, as I did in the early days of photoshop, after some years of mainly "straight" photography.

The camera club are going to hate them!

Nice one Jem - I'd love to know where to start in terms of putting on an exhibition. It's something I've thought about doing for some time, especially as I print my won work regularly.

Sounds like the camera club might be holding you back?

Lefty

Here's another from my short series of Lego Star Wars mini figures. Not everyone's cup of tea but I like it because the skills involved are identical to that for portrait photography with flash / softbox. (And I don't have any people to practice on!)

The Dark Side by Amar Sood, on Flickr

Lefty

:)

Nice one Jem - I'd love to know where to start in terms of putting on an exhibition. It's something I've thought about doing for some time, especially as I print my won work regularly.

Sounds like the camera club might be holding you back?

Lefty

I tend to look at camera club as somewhere I can help others less experienced and learn from those better than me, but clubs do tend to be conservative.
However, had you come along earlier in the month, you could have listened to my lecture about puting on your own exhibition!

I tend to look at camera club as somewhere I can help others less experienced and learn from those better than me, but clubs do tend to be conservative.
However, had you come along earlier in the month, you could have listened to my lecture about puting on your own exhibition!

Ah - that would have been just the thing! Perhaps I will re-evaluate the idea of joining my local camera club in the New Year...

Lefty

What a fantastic photo record of the year! Best wishes to everyone and let's hope for at least more of the same in 2017...

31972771946_850cc6f674_c.jpg

Pathia

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back