advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bergerac (Sony Nex 5n with E16mm f2.8 lens)

9103784734_3655d7666c_b.jpg

9101595815_e774415292_b.jpg

Love the randomness of that shot, Paul :)

Kcc123 - snap! (almost). Lovely down there, isn't it.
161756327_636e21cd01_z.jpg

161763202_fd54c0535e_z.jpg

Great picture, and thought-provoking - there's a good sci-fi v.short story in that.
Presume no remains of rather-surprised, exceedingly-low-fen-orbit Norwegian 'cosmonaut' inside...

+1

Excellent image Paul - I love the colour palette.

Here's another panorama from The Peak District. This is a 57 megapixel image, stitched together from multiple portrait orientation shots taken using the superb Falcon 85mm f1.4:

After the Rain by Amar Sood, on Flickr

Nikon D610 / Falcon 85mm f1.4

Lefty

Thanks for the appreciation folks...

Martin, your cosmonauts had me laughing :D

Here's what I've written on Flickr about it..

This stretch of beach has become heavily silted up, and as you can see, it's covered in sea grass...when the tide is sufficiently high enough it gets covered in water several feet deep, deeper still in the gully's. That lifeboat is in one of them.

I'd say it's someones long-term project that's broken free from its mooring and ended up here. It looks a bit bizarre to be honest. It's like the mystery prize on the old TV quiz show Bullseye where the contestants had to score a hundred 'n' one or more with six darts...which was invariably a speedboat stuffed with bikini clad blondes when the contestants lost, or this when they won :D

The platform in the distance is a survey platform for the power company, National Grid - there's to be a new high voltage cable coming down from the proposed new nuclear power station located at Moorside, which is up the north-west coast (Lake-district National Park) and it'll be getting tunneled under the sands of Morecambe Bay and into the existing power network at Heysham.

Whoa Amar,

Fantastic light you've got there - the largest man-made feature in the dales (dry-stone walls) and nice clean stitch to boot! Great work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back