advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a fantastic few days with my son in The Lake Distrivct this week. The focus was on spending some quality time together, so the camera only came out when we stopped for a break. That said, we enjoyed some wonderful conditions (including a clooud inversion whilst up on Blencathra!) so I'm looking forward to processing what little I did manage to snap during my time there.

This first image was taken on the slopes of Blencathra, looking over towards Derwentwater. You can see the lake and Keswick but what makes the image (IMHO) are the peaks of the Newlands Valley, including the iconic Catbells with its distinctive camel humps.

Catbells and Derwentwater by Amar Sood, on Flickr

Nikon Z7 / Nikkor 24-70mm f4 S

Lefty

DSCF2396_800px.jpg

One from the archives: problems on site; i.e. a hole, where a hole should not be.
7 sept 2006; straight reduction from some early Fuji bridge-potato.

...and here's one taken up on the Blencathra summit plateau. We were incredibly lucky to witness this cloud inversion. My son couldn't stop smiling as he kpet remarking that he couldn't believe we were 'above the clouds' :)

Islands in the Sky by Amar Sood, on Flickr

Lefty

Edit: decided to go for a wider crop, including the bit of land on the lower left and hint of peaks poking above the cloud line on the upper right horizon. I think this gives a better representation of what it felt like to be standing there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back