advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apologies for the guitar talk but....

Yesterday was a new guitar day for me. Went to the guitar store with my cousin and spent an enjoyable 3 hours trying different instruments through different amplifiers. We tried a '61 custom shop strat vs his Bravewood strat vs a PRS Silver Sky (I loved the Silver Sky - really wish they made a left hand version). He also tried a few semi-hollows (Eastman, D'Angelico and a Gibson). All of this was into a Two Rock Studio Signature head an 4x10 cab. Lovely.

He did most of the playing being right handed. I spotted this lovely SG out of the corner of my eye and plugged it in not expecting much, but was in love from the first chord. It felt wonderfully alive and resonant. Almost like it was giving back more than I was putting in. It was als wonderfully articulate for a humbucker equipped guitar. Almost single coil like at times. I couldn't leave without taking it home :D

Gibson SG 61 Standard by Amar Sood, on Flickr

Nikon Z7 / Nikkor Z 24-70mm f4 S

Lefty

Apologies for the guitar talk but....

Yesterday was a new guitar day for me. Went to the guitar store with my cousin and spent an enjoyable 3 hours trying different instruments through different amplifiers. We tried a '61 custom shop strat vs his Bravewood strat vs a PRS Silver Sky (I loved the Silver Sky - really wish they made a left hand version). He also tried a few semi-hollows (Eastman, D'Angelico and a Gibson). All of this was into a Two Rock Studio Signature head an 4x10 cab. Lovely.

He did most of the playing being right handed. I spotted this lovely SG out of the corner of my eye and plugged it in not expecting much, but was in love from the first chord. It felt wonderfully alive and resonant. Almost like it was giving back more than I was putting in. It was als wonderfully articulate for a humbucker equipped guitar. Almost single coil like at times. I couldn't leave without taking it home :D

Gibson SG 61 Standard by Amar Sood, on Flickr

Nikon Z7 / Nikkor Z 24-70mm f4 S

Lefty

Nice. And you're in good company Lefty - with regard to a certain Tony Iommi. (Tho' I trust you have all your finger tips in-tact. . . :)).

What amp are you using at home?

John

eta: you might consider dropping this into the guitar thread in off topic as well. . .

Nice. And you're in good company Lefty - with regard to a certain Tony Iommi. (Tho' I trust you have all your finger tips in-tact. . . :)).

What amp are you using at home?

John

eta: you might consider dropping this into the guitar thread in off topic as well. . .

Thanks!

Ooooh - glad to hear there's a place for us guitarists in PFM, I'll drop this in there as well (and any future guitar related posts) :D

Haha - yes, still got my finger tips!

I have far too many amps (and guitars for that matter!) but my primary amp is a Victory V40 Deluxe head into the matching 2x12 cab. (I mostly play clean / edge of break up).

Lefty

Sounds interesting Amar. If you're inclined, post some pics of your gear in the guitar thread. Always interesting to have a gander at other fishes set-ups.

John

Framing the Pineapple....

DSCF5111.jpg

When I was away last week, I took a tripod. On the Monday I set out to do some night shots. You can't easily tell but in this picture it was snowing whilst I was taking the shots; by the end my Q2 had a frosting of light snow on it (thankfully it's weather sealed)! Here's an example, Q2, f8, ISO100, ~20s exposure:

L1010841.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back