advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
:: spent ::

52287666757_231e42ebec_o.jpg

Earlier this year I tripped on a beach in Iceland and was promptly drenched by a large wave, which also bricked my camera at the time. I've now replaced it, and got out to road test it earlier this week;

River Leven estuary

Ouch. I hope that you were either at the tail-end of the trip, or that you had a spare.

On another forum recently a guy produced a smashed and drowned Nikon D850 with an expensive lump of lens that he found in a river at the foot of a cliff somewhere up a remote mountain. He had retrieved the card and was appealing for the owner. That must have hurt too.

Ouch. I hope that you were either at the tail-end of the trip, or that you had a spare.

Unfortunately it was right at the start, and I used my phone for the rest of the time. I now have two expensive paperweights (camera & digital back), and will probably use them as such to remind myself of my stupidity! I've lost filters into rivers previously, but the worst before this was my Sinar falling onto some rocks; the camera body was barely dented but the ground glass broke. I was able to improvise using a piece of clear plastic, and then it was a simple matter to fit a replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back