advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOKl3P.jpg

tKsQ0i.jpg

Driving through the Var in 1979, we slept one night under the stars in this ruined castle. When I climbed onto the ramparts in the morning, the lovely rooftops of the town revealed themselves below me.

If anyone knows where this is, I'd be delighted to hear. I think it would be somewhere to the south of the Verdon National Park, but north of l'Abbaye du Thoronet, which appears on subsequent frames.

Pentax ES/Ilford HP5

WOKl3P.jpg

tKsQ0i.jpg

Driving through the Var in 1979, we slept one night under the stars in this ruined castle. When I climbed onto the ramparts in the morning, the lovely rooftops of the town revealed themselves below me.

If anyone knows where this is, I'd be delighted to hear. I think it would be somewhere to the south of the Verdon National Park, but north of l'Abbaye du Thoronet, which appears on subsequent frames.

Pentax ES/Ilford HP5

Oddly enough I have been tidying this up - Rooftops in Penang (Malaysia) April 1999

Malaysia (Penang) -2022-08-10-0025 by uh_simon, on Flickr

My iPad Pro has been fixed, and I can collect it early next week. Phew.

In the cooler weather I might get my arse into gear and attempt some more Adobe Fresco creations.

DSCF1235raw_800px.jpg

Well; Dam!

Yep a rare colour pic from me... a jaunt out yesterday to the Elan valley dam system, which supply Birmingham. Levels lower than I have ever seen... here, the inflow from the (depleted!) one upstream, is now made manifest on the foreshore; upstream -side of Garreg Ddu. There's actually a weir on the line of the bridge, to preserve levels on this side, which supplies Birmingham. That weir - utterly dry, and exposed.

Usually the water level is just under the top of the arches on the bridge - you can see that, in the stonework efflourescence - or ~ 50feet above my head, when I took this.

Fuji X100 /raw

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back