advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
52230192999_447766bd49_b.jpg

The Porsche Club UK was in attendance yesterday with loads of recent (lardy) 911's, my pick of the bunch was a lovely 1967 912 and an original Rubystone 1992 964RS, though given the choice I would have probably taken these and 996 RUF (as a daily driver!)

Lovely colour, lovely car and lovely shot, David.

G8umpw.jpg

DfAmJS.jpg

FFVvXO.jpg

Around the farm, Olympus OM2n/Ziuko 50mm F1.8/Fuji Neopan Acros II/ID11

I bought this camera at auction last week to potentially cannibalise for the shutter mechanism for my daughter's faulty but otherwise mint version. I ran a roll of Acros 2 through to check that all was well. I absolutely love it, what a joy to use.

Were these done with your Nik scanner via VueScan by any chance?
(only asking as they look like the results from mine before I had it serviced)

yes and post processed elsewhere. I am scanning for Flickr/online display only. I already have a set of prints. I have so many rolls of film to scan, that it is volume over quality

I think they're pretty good. The second one has a vignette, which can be symptomatic of a dirty mirror, but it could also just be a characteristic of the film or lens, or just a peculiarity of that shot. The other B&W scans don't show the same issue.

Not so convinced by the one of Mrs G&T above, it looks solarised. Was this deliberate or is it how the scan came through?

I think they're pretty good. The second one has a vignette, which can be symptomatic of a dirty mirror, but it could also just be a characteristic of the film or lens, or just a peculiarity of that shot.

Not so convinced by the one of Mrs G&T above, it looks almost solarised. Was this deliberate or is it how the scan came through?

deliberate post processing

Ah, ok.

For a beginner with Vuescan, I think you're doing brilliantly, it took me lots of trail and error. Did you use any youtube tutorials?

Ah, ok.

For a beginner with Vuescan, I think you're doing brilliantly, it took me lots of trail and error. Did you use any youtube tutorials?

Yes I see how the heavy post processing can be a bit Marmite, but the outcome was roughly where I was aiming

no, tutorials, just got on with it. Am pleased with the results. Have one roll left from the Thailand jaunt. The scanning has bought back loads of memories. Might do a few rolls from

I did buy a cheapo back-lit negative/slide viewer to help me quickly ID where the pictures were taken.

It is a joy to scan old negatives. I recently found a file of negs that I had never scanned, only (poorly) wet printed. It was marvellous to get them all on high definition scans. My wet printing was terrible, not enough patience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back