advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I’m

Much nicer greens IMO - though by fiddling in LR that could also be achieved, but the image has a larger FOV, was that intentional?

I'd straightened both images but with the C1 version I don't think I compensated by re-stretching it to the edges - certainly user-error :D.

My only wish is that C1 used the same cataloguing system as LR (and both RNI & Nik would work as plug-ins), then I'd use it all the time.

@Gromit I've been using DXO PureRAW with my Fuji files (X100,GFX), though my version doesn't work with X-Trans, current version does and has LR integration. Occassionally it oversharpens, an dthe greens can be a bit vibrant, but nothing that can't be sorted out.

I've never got on with C1, too much learnt behaviour with LR!!

BB06002-C-43-A5-4-FD7-8-A58-06549-B393205.jpg

Taken while out for a mountain bike* ride earlier (*formerly MTB, edited for our older brethren :p @eternumviti ).
(https://www.sustrans.org.uk/our-blo...of-the-castleford-to-wakefield-greenway-opens).

(NB. I actually prefer Motor Torpedo Boat, great that).

Last edited:
What the hell is an MTB nowadays? I thought it was a Motor Torpedo Boat, but I can't see any sea in your picture, or enemy shipping.

This may be a question of my age, or lack of maturity.

I cycled into Crècy forest in search of ‘remarkable trees’. Sadly the map, although naming them individually, only narrowed them down to a plot about 100m square. And when surrounded by thousands of slightly less remarkable trees... so at first I stayed generic...

52187032334_ffe10c3e3b_z.jpg

...then decided to re-acquaint myself with ‘l’Esprit de la Forêt’ - a tree converted into an artwork a few years ago. He is pleasingly difficult to get to - I had to dismount for the last three hundred metres - but once you find his little clearing it is a dramatic sight.

52185754377_233c40f584_z.jpg

52185757237_42e1c4143c_z.jpg

52185908002_2138194ddb_b.jpg

Nikon D810+AF Nikkor 24-70 f2.8G on tripod. A lazy 4 seconds at f22, ISO200. On Flickr, all rights reserved.

Mid-winter covid-recovery sunset, 1 July 2022 Wellington, New Zealand. I needed to get out of the house, spent so much time indoors last 12 days with COV-19 (-ve RAT result that morning). 30 mins out in the car, with 15 mins shooting with the camera (static, on tripod, in one place) was good for the spirits, though not good for my lungs afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back