advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
A harbour view

Ahaa! I know where that was taken :D - Saint-Martin-de-Re. From that side, I took this:
41839575724_f97ab4a17b_c.jpg

Wasn't mine, as we took a couple of these to cycle around this island.
42377517422_885292e1ac_c.jpg

A beautiful place to take a holiday : )

One of the upsides of changeable weather.... rainbows! There were plenty of these on show during our climb up to Catstye Cam.

The Gold at the End of the Rainbow by Amar Sood, on Flickr

Sony RX100 III

Lefty

I've always felt that CC is an underrated mountain - it's such a wonderful spot to take in the views of the Helvellyn Range/Dollywaggon etc.

I could be wrong but did you take the walk to the Hole in the Wall then cut across to CC from there? I just adore this place.

I've always felt that CC is an underrated mountain - it's such a wonderful spot to take in the views of the Helvellyn Range/Dollywaggon etc.

I could be wrong but did you take the walk to the Hole in the Wall then cut across to CC from there? I just adore this place.

Agreed 100%. It' such a shapely mountain. Dare I say it, far more aesthetically pleasing than the more popular Helvellyn (which is a bit of a square jawed brute by comparison).

You're spot on - we took the route up from Patterdale Hall up to the Hole in the Wall and the across to Catstye Cam. It also gave my son a first sighting of the edges (Striding and Swirral) should he want to attempt them when he's a bit older.

I actually took along the little DJI Pocket 2 to film the hike. When I've finished compiling the footage, I'll post it here if people would be interested in seeing it?

Lefty

@Lefty I'd love to see your drone footage. I prefer Swirral to Striding I think, for a start there aren't usually so many people. Sharp Edge on Blencathra is just as good and generally quieter.

@Lefty I'd love to see your drone footage. I prefer Swirral to Striding I think, for a start there aren't usually so many people. Sharp Edge on Blencathra is just as good and generally quieter.

I'm compiling the footage as I type. Only thing to mention is it's not drone footage (the DJI Pocket 2 is a handheld gimbal / camera in one rather than a drone - see image below).

Agree re: Swirral vs Striding. I think that when my son is ready for Helvellyn, we will likely cross over and reach it via Swirral Edge and the come back the same way and tag Catstye Cam before heading back down and getting Birkhouse Moor as well :)

I would love to do Sharp Edge one day, but I feel this will likely be when my son is a lot older (at least 12).

c26d9a81dcbd13698f07053dd5c9d07f@770*462.jpg

Lefty

I'm compiling the footage as I type. Only thing to mention is it's not drone footage (the DJI Pocket 2 is a handheld gimbal / camera in one rather than a drone - see image below).

Agree re: Swirral vs Striding. I think that when my son is ready for Helvellyn, we will likely cross over and reach it via Swirral Edge and the come back the same way and tag Catstye Cam before heading back down and getting Birkhouse Moor as well :)

I would love to do Sharp Edge one day, but I feel this will likely be when my son is a lot older (at least 12).

c26d9a81dcbd13698f07053dd5c9d07f@770*462.jpg

Lefty

Ah, I'm not obviously not up with modern technology :( The clue is in the name isn't it?

Spent today visiting an old friend (he was my Best Man in fact) in Cambridge today - the city I grew up in. So much has changed, but it was wonderful to take in some places from my childhood, namely Wandlebury which is where we as a family had so much fun, exploring the woodland. I haven't been back there in over 30 years, and so refreshing that so little has changed.

Forest photo by Boxertrixter, on Flickr

Fuji X-H1/XF56-1.2

Spent today visiting an old friend (he was my Best Man in fact) in Cambridge today - the city I grew up in. So much has changed, but it was wonderful to take in some places from my childhood, namely Wandlebury which is where we as a family had so much fun, exploring the woodland. I haven't been back there in over 30 years, and so refreshing that so little has changed.

Forest photo by Boxertrixter, on Flickr

Fuji X-H1/XF56-1.2

Stunning. I’ve driven past many times….

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back