Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2021

Discussion in 'photo' started by Gromit, Jan 1, 2021.

1. Pete MB&D

Pete MB&D Pete Maddex, the one and only!

It’s where they do all the naim calling.

Pete

TimF, cctaylor, Mr Perceptive and 3 others like this.
  2. Lefty

Lefty Trade: Amar Sood Photo

Today it snowed..... a lot!

[​IMG]

White Out by Amar Sood, on Flickr

Nikon Z7 / Nikkor 70-300mm f4.5-5.6 AF-P

[​IMG]

by Amar Sood, on Flickr

[​IMG]

The Gateway by Amar Sood, on Flickr

Lefty

kcc123, stevied, cctaylor and 9 others like this.
  3. ff1d1l

ff1d1l pfm Member

4. ff1d1l

ff1d1l pfm Member

Like these very much, @Lefty!

Lefty likes this.
  5. Lefty

Thank you! I saw on Flickr that you had a good day as well. Gotta love a snow day :)

Lefty

ff1d1l likes this.
  6. mad-moon

mad-moon pfm Member

Aye...not bad...;-]

Lefty likes this.
  7. Gromit

Gromit Plasticine Dog

Thanks to Amar @Lefty for the tip re RNI Films. Just downloaded the demo version, and am really impressed so far. Only really one example of each film stock, but it's very effective.

This is Porta 400 (my favourite print film in MF).

[​IMG]Car Barn RNI by Boxertrixter, on Flickr

stevied, Lefty and Mr Perceptive like this.
  8. Mr Perceptive

Mr Perceptive Perceptive Member

Very unusual colour for a Ferrari 308......................

9. Gromit

Gromit Plasticine Dog

It's actually a 208 which was the 2 litre version (still a V8) made to slip under a tax threshold apparently. Reading the blurb, it's 'Azzuro metallic' which was factory spec.

10. Mr Perceptive

Mr Perceptive Perceptive Member

208's were developed as a tax break in the Italian market, even TVR got in the game and released a 2 litre V8S in the early 90's using a sleeved Rover V8 for the Italian market only, but bolted a supercharger to it for some extra oomph!!!!

Its certainly an unusual factory colour and very different to the more common reds, blacks and silvers.

Here's another unusual colour - well shade or red - Chianti Red, on the Steve McQueen 275TGB/4, a finish that changes from bright red (similar to the standard Rosso Red) under bright lights to quite a deep burgundy red in different lighting - a pearl paint before pearl paints ??

[​IMG]
    Steve McQueen's Ferrari 275GTB/4
    by David Yeoman, on Flickr

Dev and Gromit like this.
  11. mentalp

mentalp pfm Member

saturn9, Dev, Lefty and 2 others like this.
  12. Gromit

Gromit Plasticine Dog

mad-moon, TimF, Dev and 2 others like this.
  13. Gromit

Gromit Plasticine Dog

Osbournby Fields (pronounced 'Ozzenby') - about 5 mins from our place:

[​IMG]Osbournby Fields by Boxertrixter, on Flickr

Leica M-P typ 240/Voigtländer Ultron 35 f2

Dev and Lefty like this.
  14. Lefty

Excellent! Great to see you got the demo and from the looks of it, certainly seems like you've got the hang of it. It definitely suits some images more than others but this is absolutely spot on! (I'm a huge Portra 400 fan having shot it on 35mm) I presume you're using it in Adobe?

Gromit likes this.
  15. Gromit

Gromit Plasticine Dog

@Lefty

HI Amar - yes, using it via Adobe which is working well as it just appears in the presets list (as you well know). Even with my non-existent IT skill this was an easy task. Been having a lot of fun this afternoon going through stuff in my LR catalogue and Portra 400 works so, so well.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2021
  16. Lefty

@Gromit Really pleased you're enjoying it :)

The way I justified the price to myself was that whilst it's not cheap, neither is shooting film. Indeed, the cost of shooting and developing film seems to be heading in one direction only and whilst I enjoyed my brief return to film back in 2017, I just can't see myself picking it up again in any serious way. (A shame but I have to be honest with myself).

Lefty

Gromit likes this.
  17. Gromit

Gromit Plasticine Dog

That's a good and valid point re the cost of film, even the hardware is shooting up in price. What was dirt cheap just 3 or 4 years ago is now worth many times more. I do use film occasionally but like you I'm not sure I can justify it in the long term. Much as I love using the Hasselblad (there's still nothing in photography as mechanically satisfying as firing the shutter on a 500C/M) I'm just concerned it will end up a valuable paperweight which would be so sad. If I lived somewhere like the Lakes or the Peak District it'd probably get a lot more use.

Lefty likes this.
  18. martin clark

martin clark pinko bodger

[​IMG]

Saturday, 7.30am after a long slow -4degC frost: straight reduction from iphone SE

saturn9, Dev, ff1d1l and 3 others like this.
  19. stevied

stevied über wagonista

Fiat 500 says "Eeees Ferrari!"

<'Cars' film nerdage/homage>

Lefty, Gromit and martin clark like this.
  20. idomybest

idomybest pfm Member