advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
:: tracked ::

51330788706_c50682c17d_b.jpg

Last edited:
Ah nice - as a companion to the Z7 or as a replacement?

Lefty

Hmm...Companion I hope.... The Z6 and lenses will be for special days out and trips to get pictures, the Olympus as a take-everywhere camera. It's a third of the weight and half the size of the Z6.

But have to say I'm very surprised how good the IQ is. Better than I managed last year in my stint with the Fuji XT3.
I was almost going for a Fuji x100.... But been there before. The Oly with that 15mm lens is still smaller and lighter than the X100.

Hmm...Companion I hope.... The Z6 and lenses will be for special days out and trips to get pictures, the Olympus as a take-everywhere camera. It's a third of the weight and half the size of the Z6.

But have to say I'm very surprised how good the IQ is. Better than I managed last year in my stint with the Fuji XT3.
I was almost going for a Fuji x100.... But been there before. The Oly with that 15mm lens is still smaller and lighter than the X100.

Sounds like a good decision to me. In fact, I must admit to being very intrigued by Olympus cameras myself. They seem to fit the 'companion' to a Z camera brief perfectly....

Lefty

Another from last week in Pembrokeshire. This was taken on an evening where my 7 year old son decided to accompany me. It was a wonderful experience, watching his face as the sky changed colour from yellow to orange to purple. He loved it. So did I as the conditions were stunning.

Last Light by Amar Sood, on Flickr

Nikon Z7 / Nikkor Z 14-30mm f4 s

That PL15-1.7 is a cracking little lens, and over time I became a big fan of the slightly unusual field of view. I'd take something like a Pen F or GX8 (with said 15mm) over an X100 any day of the week. From my own experience of flitting between Fuji X and Olympus over the years, MFT gives so little away to APS-C that I don't worry about it any more. Another super little lens in MFT is the Panasonic 20-1.7 pancake. It's not flawless, but has so much character it's becoming more and more of a cult lens for the format - even a 'must buy' in the same way a cheap 50 is for full frame.

Another from my recent family holiday to Pembrokeshire. Whilst there I developed a particular fondness for this local beach. Despite it being a 90 minute round trip in the car, I returned for sunset on 3 consecutive nights.

This image was taken on the first of those 3 visits and yielded some of the best conditions. In particular, the cirrus cloud formations were some of the best I have ever seen!

Marloes Sands by Amar Sood, on Flickr

Nikon Z7 / Nikkor Z 14-30mm f4 S

Lefty

Last edited:
I took more than a dozen of those burst continuous AF tracking shots for the heron with the Panasonic G9 in conjunction with the Panasonic 100-300mm mk2 and the results were very impressive. Here are some more photos :-

51317000260_8c8308cd95_b.jpg

51340078914_654d5e8716_b.jpg

51315259137_13951f6d5d_b.jpg

51340081554_baa455e0cb_b.jpg
Nice....number three for me there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back