advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good link with top fact of the year for me...the piles under Venice are Alder. I had no idea. Amazing, tho I have found aged alder roots after a flood sometimes, which are nice and gnarly and wondered why the wood was in such perfect condition. Now i know:)

I didn’t get that far when I had a quick scan earlier, agree, amazing factoid!

IMG_7285More%20Jazz%20less%20Jesus_600px.jpg

That's the album cover sorted!

#That be Brizzle - straight reduction from iPhoneSE /spotted on the way home today.

Good link with top fact of the year for me...the piles under Venice are Alder. I had no idea. Amazing, tho I have found aged alder roots after a flood sometimes, which are nice and gnarly and wondered why the wood was in such perfect condition. Now i know.

The vast swathes of the historic Dutch Polders, were built by first sinking mats of woven Willow* for the same reason; once immersed and providing it stays wet, rot is near-indefinitely prolonged in the anoxic environment :)

In fact during a couple of years+ spent in N Borneo I actually designed some buildings for which -in wet ground - the foundations were piles cut from Mangrove - for exactly the same reason.

* Coppiced Willow - 'Withies' to this day here in Zummerzet - where exactly the same thing & approach was used in the drainage of the Levels. Still there, still working...

@PhilofCas

Very much liking the second pic; something lovely about the light and wildly different texture of the flow streamlines,vs shallow turbulent white noise over the weir.Framing too is superb to my taste.

... an elegant instantaneous pictorial solution to a whole mess of Navier-Stokes differentials eqs.!

@PhilofCas

Very much liking the second pic; something lovely about the light and wildly different texture of the flow streamlines,vs shallow turbulent white noise over the weir.Framing too is superb to my taste.

... an elegant instantaneous pictorial solution to a whole mess of Navier-Stokes differentials eqs.!

It’s a lovely bridge to spend time on, overlooking the weir, here is some info about it: http://www.castlefordheritagetrust.org.uk/prjTheFootbridge.php

(The Navier-Stokes equations are…..complicated!).

Just back from a week away with the family in Pembrokeshire. Pleased to say a fantastic time was had by all - I don't think we could have picked a better week if we had tried. It was gloriously sunny and warm every day (i.e. perfect beach weather). I even managed a few outing with the camera. Just had a quick sit down and this is the first one I have processed. Needless to say there will be more to come in due course :)

Marloes Sands - 18th July 2021 by Amar Sood, on Flickr

Nikon Z7 / Nikkor Z 14-30 f4 S

Lefty

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back