advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
DSC_5814_2.jpg

-Steve

Just spent a week working in Slovakia (now on self isolation!) - not much chance to get out with a camera worked five 10-11hr days and one 8hr day - the Sunday!

Still managed to come back with a number of pictures - some of which will be built into a zine - so won't get posted until after publication!

OFZ Ferroalloy Plant, Slovakia 1
by David Yeoman, on Flickr
GFX + GF30mm

OFZ Ferroalloy Plant, Slovakia 2
GFX + GF45mm

Relics of the cold war in the region of Slovakia that I was in were not obvious, even the austere appartment blocks have been given colourful paint, old plinths now support new statues, the 'great' leaders and influencers having been banished. But was very surprised to find a 1960s Soviet built PTS - tracked amphibious vehicle. It was lurking behind a mound of earth, not far from a small commercial vehicle breakers yard.

Soviet PTS
GFX + GF30mm

Still mucking about with negs and slides.
This was my medium format phase (a borrowed from School Bronica ETRS with 75mm f2.8).
AgfaPan 100 neg was home processed...i have a print somewhere. This one was scanned at 3200dpi, 'inverted' in Affinity photo and some gentle PP added to give a bit of atmosphere. Somewhere on the isle of Wight, circa 1987.

IOW 1987. by John Dutfield, on Flickr
Have a real soft spot for this kind of dereliction :)

Taking liberties with the thread title - although technically it is a 'photo' ;)

This is a mash up sketch of a painting I am working on, using scans of actual sketches and preliminary painting, iPhone snaps and finalised using layers in PS ....

51308749290_76671cb8bb_b.jpg

I'm fascinated by Nautilus shell geometry myself. It draws you into its infinite depth.
-Steve

Taking liberties with the thread title - although technically it is a 'photo' ;)

This is a mash up sketch of a painting I am working on, using scans of actual sketches and preliminary painting, iPhone snaps and finalised using layers in PS ....

51308749290_76671cb8bb_b.jpg

Wonderful!

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back