advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like the files from the Leica. They don't seem a world apart from the Df, very natural and actually very film-like.

They do feel that way when putting them through Capture One. The Df files are more pliable (the camera does have better DR for starters) but they're both lovely to play with.

Am chuffed to bits with the Df, in fact I'm having to eat my words after being so cynical about it on its release.

They do feel that way when putting them through Capture One. The Df files are more pliable (the camera does have better DR for starters) but they're both lovely to play with.

Am chuffed to bits with the Df, in fact I'm having to eat my words after being so cynical about it on its release.

Looking at the images you have posted, I don't think the Nikon is in the same ball park as the Leica..imho..I think the images from the Nikon are soft in comparison

Lovely stuff.

You're in good company. I believe the Df / 105 was a favoured combination of Mark LJ as well :)

Just a fraction of his talent and I'll be one happy chap. :)

I remember watching a tv programme some years ago a Lakeland photo-walk with Derry Brabbs. In the first few mins of the programme, he explained the kit he used (this was pre-digital) and stated that a wide-angle lens wasn't necessarily his first choice. In fact he was a big fan of a portrait f/l and produced an SLR with 100mm lens - could well have been the 105 as I'm sure he was shooting Nikon at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back