advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have - lovely camera but was getting tired of its inconsistent focusing which could be a somewhat hit & miss. Was doing some portraits for a friend in a forest setting a few weeks ago where over half of the images were blurred, even using single point AF-S. Took my D700 along as back-up which nailed every single one.

I'm really surprised, you seemed to be absolutely smitten, I thought it was love for life! The files were gorgeous, you had me on the verge of buying one (again).

I'm really surprised, you seemed to be absolutely smitten, I thought it was love for life! The files were gorgeous, you had me on the verge of buying one (again).

Oh it's a super camera, don't get me wrong - and the IQ was (is) rather beautiful with files that were a joy to play with. I've a few weddings (favours for friends) lined up later this year, but I really need something with reliable 'right first time' focusing. The D700 though just nails it every time (unless one gets silly) and to be honest has IQ which is just about up there with the Df. That's a camera which will be prised from my cold dead hands (I've had this one 8 years now so it's doing something right). :)

Liking the Z7 a lot, although the files are huuuge - nothing I wasn't expecting though. A nice, well thought-out camera with familiar menus - even the battery life is impressive for a mirrorless body. The real stars though are the lenses - both the 50 and 35 1.8's are stunning and I truly cannot fault them. I sincerely thought Nikon were having a laugh with pricing on their release, with them only being 1.8 primes (which every man and his dog makes) but in use I'd say they represent something of a bargain, such is their quality.
I remember watching the on-line live release of the Z7, and was particularly interested in the lenses. Plenty were scoffing and writing off 'mere 1.8's', and wouldn't consider it a serious camera/system without 1.4s (or 2.8s for the zooms over the introductory f4)... I saw it in the demo images, those 1.8 primes are stunning! Good for you. I just learned a mate of mine has bought a Z6ii for a specific job and is really enjoying it. I'm not in the market at the mo, but a compact lighter body for general use as opposed to carting my D4 and/or D4s would be a welcome thing, particularly with a few more pixels for landscape work.

I know something is happening, but I don't know what it is...
What's with the tree in the light, left of centre? It looks like it is floating off the ground. A magical picture, I expected to see Oberon, Titania and Puck.

Thank you. :)

This tree has been like this for some time now - it would appear to have been partially chopped down (there's a clean saw-cut end on the trunk/branch) and left leaning against another tree. It almost looks to be growing around it too. I know these woods really well, having run round them many times in years gone by, and the light does play strange tricks now and then - especially around early afternoon when the sun's high. The canopy is quite thick with the trees in full leaf, where there will be shafts of sunlight popping through, giving this slightly ghostly feel.

Surface Area 2
51201296787_b9890243de_c.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back