advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the price drop was until July? Could be wrong though.

I am still waiting for Nextdaydeal.co.uk to authorise the return and give me the return address on the Z6ii. I am itching to get buy hands on a Z7 as there are some good deals out there at the moment.

Ah - just checked, price promotion is 14/5 to 19/7 so you were right.

Hopefully you'll get some progress with the 6II very soon. Am really enjoying the Z7, had a bit of a slow start but starting to feel more at home now.

Last edited:
DSC_9821crop_bw_2.jpg

-Steve

Good day out with Mrs VR at Barmouth yesterday. It tipped it down on the way there but turned into a glorious day. All pictures are from my new Lumix L100mk2 bought as a lightweight pocket camera. It has taken a while to get over the "toy" feel compared to my EOS 5D but it has a very good lens and all sorts of things to experiment with.

"Fish and chips on the prom at the end of a lovely day" view :)

P1000283_v1 by Tim, on Flickr

I like the in-camera b+w

P1000216_v1 by Tim, on Flickr

This is a stacked exposure. You can bracket in RAW using a burst mode so it's possible to do it handheld and keep the images aligned.

enfuse-01_v3 by Tim, on Flickr

Now my latest zine has been distributed to the two zines swaps I'm in, I can start dribbling out some of the images (and the ones that didn't quite make the cut!)

The zine is a set of images taken from the man-made peninsula (over several; visits). The peninsula formed when the Weaver Navigation was constructed to allow larger ships to reach Northwich and Winsford and still access the Mersey at low tides. The M56 passes across (over) this peninsula.

Rocksavage Peninsula 1
by David Yeoman, on Flickr

GFX50S+GF30mm

out and about with the canon G5x 11. I'm just seeing what it can do when it's not a nice sunny day. This was a greyish day down by the bluebell walk. I quite like the quality of these. For a 72dpi medium quality jpeg they do ok I think. The lens is reasonably sharp out to the edges and although the processing is a tad 'fierce' (it slightly oversharpens IMO to make up for the small sensor) the colour and general exposure are just fine. Great little cam to walk around with. It's really growing on me now.
I'll try and take some RAW files with it soon as a comparison.

IMG_0576 by John Dutfield, on Flickr

IMG_0575 by John Dutfield, on Flickr

Hi PFishtographers, I've been absent for a good while. Very focussed (no pun intended) on some major house renovations, ongoing. As a result, less time spent shooting. I've just spent a very enjoyable couple of hours catching up on this thread and have drawn some great inspiration.

@mentalp very sorry to hear of your mother's passing. Your portraiture is mind-blowing to me.

For my first contribution to the picture a week thread, forgive me four images I shot in Wellington NZ, 17 January 2021. The final stage of the Tour of New Zealand was the Wellington Criterion, held on the streets of Wellington City in wet conditions. Thankfully I was rocking my Think Tank Hydrophobia rain cover for when the heavens opened. It's challenging to get good backgrounds and interesting compositions shooting sports up-close in an urban setting! I tried some with 16-35 F4, but most of my publishable work came from the old standby, the 70-200.

51006203183_729df6167f_b.jpg

Nikon D4 + Nikkor 70-200 2.8 FL/E ISO400, 1/60 @ f11. Hosted on flickr, all rights reserved.

51195377912_f1e240fc36_b.jpg

Nikon D4 + Nikkor 70-200 2.8 FL/E ISO640, 1/1000 @ f3.2. Hosted on flickr, all rights reserved.

51197161975_7d03c321ea_b.jpg

Nikon D4 + Nikkor 70-200 2.8 FL/E ISO1600, 1/250 @ f3.2. Hosted on flickr, all rights reserved.

51196869824_8f54029062_b.jpg

Nikon D4 + Nikkor 70-200 2.8 FL/E ISO1600, 1/200 @ f4. Hosted on flickr, all rights reserved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back