advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great stuff :)

I used to go up there fairly regularly when we lived in W London - was a pleasant trip out on the bike, up to the Beacon for a good few lungfulls of fresh air, and the view ain't too shabby either.

Indeed - must say I was pleasantly surprised by the place! Might have to take the bike next time I go :)

Lefty

Indeed - must say I was pleasantly surprised by the place! Might have to take the bike next time I go :)

Lefty

Should perhaps qualify my comment by saying my bike had an engine (had it been a pedally one, I think Dunstable/Aylesbury etc hospital(s) might have received an extra patient). :D

Should perhaps qualify my comment by saying my bike had an engine (had it been a pedally one, I think Dunstable/Aylesbury etc hospital(s) might have received an extra patient). :D

Hahaha! Yes, some of the gradients definitely require a bit of commitment :D

Lefty

@Gromit, the more you post with Summicron, the more I'm liking it, there is definitely a lot of depth to the images even not wide open, I wasn't sure when you first posted that image of the bench, as the trees in the background were not to my liking, but these Belton images are great

@Gromit, the more you post with Summicron, the more I'm liking it, there is definitely a lot of depth to the images even not wide open, I wasn't sure when you first posted that image of the bench, as the trees in the background were not to my liking, but these Belton images are great

Thanks David - really appreciate the comment. I've been warming to the lens, to start with I was a wee bit 'eh?' but I'm putting that down to unrealistic expectations.

After last night's conversation with my friend, and having weighed up the kit that I can sell on, I've decided to take up his offer of performing open-wallet surgery. The Df is staying, as is the Tamron 24-70. I'm moving the AF-D primes (50 & 85), the D700 and Pen F on. I've even made a profit on the Pen F, selling it to MPB. Selling the D700 is a bit of a wrench, but in the Df I've found a true replacement for it. Then there's the 105-2.5 AI-Nikkor to use instead of the 85, and it works beautifully on the Df. Of course with no screw-drive Nikkors in the cupboard, it leaves the door open for a Z6...oh perhaps best I stop now. :D

Last edited:
Thanks David - really appreciate the comment. I've been warming to the lens, to start with I was a wee bit 'eh?' but I'm putting that down to unrealistic expectations.

After last night's conversation with my friend, and having weighed up the kit that I can sell on, I've decided to take up his offer of performing open-wallet surgery. The Df is staying, as is the Tamron 24-70. I'm moving the AF-D primes (50 & 85), the D700 and Pen F on. I've even made a profit on the Pen F, selling it to MPB. Selling the D700 is a bit of a wrench, but with the Df I've found a true replacement for it. I've got the 105-2.5 AI-Nikkor to use instead of the 85, and it works beautifully on the Df.

Consolidation and thinning out is good, I done the same with my digital setup(s)

X100F
X-H1 + Zooms (16-55 +50-140)
GFX50S + Primes (30, 45, so far!!)

I'm really suffering with the GFX at the moment as the images it produces are just lovely, and the fact that I barely have to touch them in LR helps as well, even my wife can appreciate them!!, keep having thoughts about more GFX glass but my back and wallet say otherwise! One step at a time!!

Keeping the DF in play I'm sure will be a wise move, certain cameras/sensors seem to render images beautifully

Andre, December 2012

Andre Ruesch by Pete, on Flickr
One my first day at college I sat down next to this Swiss guy, Andre, and Alan from Belfast - we hit it off from the start. By the end of the first term all 3 of us had split up with our then current partners - Andre ending up moving into the house with me for a while. After graduation he moved to the states and did a MA & MFA there. I hadn't seen him since 1988 until a couple of days before this was shot and had completely lost touch. He is Professor of Humanities at Lesley University in the US.

And Andre, Summer of '86
Andre Ruesch by Pete, on Flickr
That's been up here before.
We'd paid a drunken visit to another friend's flat a couple of days before had an encounter with his clippers.
Andre's enthusiasm for the look faded rapidly - he was returning to Switzerland to work as an assistant for the summer and reckoned it was too extreme for there.

IMG_6289_800px.jpg

Green shoots in empty shop windows; reflections on a stroll through Bath this afternoon.
iPhone SE

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back