advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't had my camera out for years now...only to photograph stuff for sale...these wonderful shots have got me thinking about getting the DSLR out of its bag and getting out there...but I'm so knackered these days, with one thing and another..I'll have to push myself...

So what have we learnt today, its was dull weather with long periods of drizzle, managed to get out for an hour or so, the GFX feels surprisingly light with these short focal length primes, and handholding is definitely on the cards (keeping the ISO down), with some sharp images being attained with relatively (for MF) slow shutter speeds. Took a bunch of fairly dull images, some to test the shadow/highlight recovery. Despite the big files, my computer seems to have no difficulty (4 year old i7 with decent graphics, and 32Gb RAM) in handling them and the files don't require much PP. Overall I think this system has a lot of potential.

Hunts Lock
by David Yeoman, on Flickr

the last portrait shoot I did was on the 29th of feb last year - so have been left going through the files and re-scanning and editing
Here's Russell from April 2011

Russell Burn by Pete, on Flickr

(Fire Engines, Win, Piefinger, Spectorbullets, Opium Kitchen and Trama Dolls)

just realised who this guy is...question should have been did you by any chance photograph the three of them together??..was the shoot anything to do with Big Gold dream??

Cool...In a league of his own....
Those "Don't you want me now" royalty payments still come rolling in

just realised who this guy is...question should have been did you by any chance photograph the three of them together??..was the shoot anything to do with Big Gold dream??
All shot individually and nothing to do with Big Gold Dream. In December 2010 I went up to Edinburgh for the reformed Scars gig at the Picture house and met a lot of people I hadn't seen for many years and following it started reconnecting with them. I came up with the idea of doing portraits of some of the people I'd known on the Edinburgh scene from '79 onwards. I went up for a week in April 2011 and did about a dozen portraits, have done more on subsequent visits. Still try to catch others when I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back