advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
@scotty38 nice one :)

Looks very much like Newark, if I'm not mistaken.

Thanks, yep Newark it is. Problem is I can probably get better pictures out of my D200 with a 1/1000th of the effort yet having said that I love using the OM1 and OM2, I'm just not sure I like what's involved. I think this is why they've sat in the camera bag for so long.... I had an M6 for a while, maybe a 240 would be the answer but no point asking you that :D:D:D

I had an M6 for a while, maybe a 240 would be the answer but no point asking you that :D:D:D

YKIMS :D

Enjoying mine - sure, its IQ isn't that much better than my Fuji X-T1 or old D700. It is different though, and is such a lovely thing to use.

With you on the film front, although I'm something of a wimp in not doing my own processing. I used to, many years ago, but not sure I can be bothered now.

Couple of snaps trying out my OM1, developed myself and then scanned... I've only recently resurrected the cameras but with so many opportunities to muck them up at each stage and the time it takes just to get these I'm not entirely sure I'll be continuing.... Jeez it's hard work :)

50389814437_e636362840_h.jpg

50389640651_0de20de634_h.jpg

Looks like you got it spot on with the first one though :)
The second is a bit on the dark side and lacking in mid tones ... but I think that may be the scanner more than anything (my Nikon scanner used to do that sometimes - and unpredictably)

Looks like you got it spot on with the first one though :)
The second is a bit on the dark side and lacking in mid tones ... but I think that may be the scanner more than anything (my Nikon scanner used to do that sometimes - and unpredictably)

Thanks and it's interesting you say that because at first I was thinking the other way round. I looked again with your view in mind and I can see what you mean and would have to agree thanks.

YKIMS :D

Enjoying mine - sure, its IQ isn't that much better than my Fuji X-T1 or old D700. It is different though, and is such a lovely thing to use.

With you on the film front, although I'm something of a wimp in not doing my own processing. I used to, many years ago, but not sure I can be bothered now.

I'm with you on the "lovely thing to use" front! I have a few half decent Nikon lenses so the sensible option would be something like a Z6. I know the Nikkors are heavy etc but at least I could use them. It was the Nikon F3 thread that piqued my interest again as my D200 and Fuji X10 had languished along with my OMs but I've been out with the film cameras a few times now but not sure I'd be bothered with the D200 or even a Z6 if it came to it. Now, a digital M of some description I reckon I could put in the same bracket as the Olympus, something a bit different.... Better start saving.

Nice one Kicker, what kit etc did you use?

I have an old Canon 6D, I normally use a Samyang 14mm f2.8 for astrophotography but for the above shot I used my Canon 16-35 f4 as a test as it is miles easier to nail the infinity focus.
It's a composite image, the sky is a 20 second exposure at 6400 and the foreground was about 3 minutes at 1600.
It's not perfect but nice to see improvement over my older stuff.

I have an old Canon 6D, I normally use a Samyang 14mm f2.8 for astrophotography but for the above shot I used my Canon 16-35 f4 as a test as it is miles easier to nail the infinity focus.
It's a composite image, the sky is a 20 second exposure at 6400 and the foreground was about 3 minutes at 1600.
It's not perfect but nice to see improvement over my older stuff.

Thanks for that, it's a great shot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back