advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
'Lock' was a DNG, but didn't really do much apart from correcting a bit of barrel distortion - the Nokton needs a bit of help in that respect.

St Andrews Church:

St Andrews by Boxertrixter, on Flickr

M-P 240/Nokton 35-1.4

If you use Lightroom there’s a lens correction option in the develop module. For Leica lenses that have been six bit coding it can automatically be applied, for non-coded lenses the lens can be selected manually. After saying that I don’t know if your lens is listed - though if it’s not you could try the pre-ASPH 35mm Summilux.

Of course if the don’t use Lightroom you can safely ignore the above <grin>.

If you use Lightroom there’s a lens correction option in the develop module. For Leica lenses that have been six bit coding it can automatically be applied, for non-coded lenses the lens can be selected manually. After saying that I don’t know if your lens is listed - though if it’s not you could try the pre-ASPH 35mm Summilux.

Of course if the don’t use Lightroom you can safely ignore the above <grin>.

Nice one, Steve - thanks for the tip. Going through the lens selection in the 240's menu, I've been wondering which is the best option. For now (for the Voigt 35) I've just used 'automatic' but maybe - from what you're saying - I might be best using the pre-ASPH 'lux one? Always appreciate experienced advice here. :)

I’d try the pre-ASPH ‘Lux. first if you don’t like it you’ve not lost anything. ‘Automatic’ in the menu means that it’ll apply lens corrections according to the 6 bit code on the lens, but as far as I can remember the correction in camera only affects things like vignetting not barrel/pincushion distortion. Lightroom can take the file and applies correction to optical distortion.

Hope that makes sense. Short version, you’ll need something like Lightroom to correct barrel/pincushion distortion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back