advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a fan of the Leica Q (or any other Leica) I'm afraid. They are good cameras, but way overpriced!

Thanks for the feedback Richard. Makes me wish I'd considered bagging a 'II' as I recently (as in yesterday) got myself a little Sony RX100 III for pocket duties. The Z7 is a beast, but I do miss having a pocketable camera on me all the time, as I did with the Fuji X100T. Time will tell if I can get used to the UI...

In terms of focal length, I just found 28mm more 'interesting' if that makes sense? JUdging from what I'm seeing in your images so far, there is definitely something special about that camera. The seed has been planted.... :D

Lefty

Spending a couple of days out with the GRIII, I'm beginning to see why the 28mm equivalent was chosen. I thought it would be too wide for general photography, but it actually makes sense - and its slight 'wideness' adds a certain drama to how it shapes perspective. Took our daughter over to Lincoln this morning so had a wander up to the Cathedral, before the storm started. Got a bit 'interesting' up there as the wind picked up a couple of hours ago. :D

Congregate by Boxertrixter, on Flickr

Knocker by Boxertrixter, on Flickr

Ricoh GRIII

Another from the files - Yin Lam at the Edinburgh College of Art degree show, 1992 I think

Yin Lam by Pete, on Flickr

This hasn't see the light of day before, looks like the wet neg hit the floor as it was covered in crud - a lot of spotting was required.
I worked with Yin at the Filmhouse, she was a lovely person.
I was shocked to find out some time ago that she had died in 1999 at the age of 29 - Lupus.

Another from the files - Yin Lam at the Edinburgh College of Art degree show, 1992 I think

This hasn't see the light of day before, looks like the wet neg hit the floor as it was covered in crud - a lot of spotting was required.
I was shocked to find out some time ago that she had died in 1999 at the age of 29 - Lupus.
Oh my that’s so sad - such a lovely portrait mentalp. This post just hit, somehow.

What does a flame look like after the candle goes out?
We now know.

49540175266_58d55d129e_b.jpg

Spending a couple of days out with the GRIII, I'm beginning to see why the 28mm equivalent was chosen. I thought it would be too wide for general photography, but it actually makes sense - and its slight 'wideness' adds a certain drama to how it shapes perspective. Took our daughter over to Lincoln this morning so had a wander up to the Cathedral, before the storm started. Got a bit 'interesting' up there as the wind picked up a couple of hours ago. :D

Hope you don't mind. I've had a go at straightening this image up a bit..

49541843931_78b0577858_b.jpg

Congregate by Boxertrixter, on Flickr

Knocker by Boxertrixter, on Flickr

Ricoh GRIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back