advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just been out for a wander around the village - never tried the Olympus Live Composite feature before so thought I'd give it a go. Will need to do some practice getting the exposure correct but it seems to work quite well.

Village by Boxertrixter, on Flickr

E-M1 Mk2/12-40 2.8 Pro.
wow...that's a cracking exposure for a night scene..the detail is exceptional...I quite like the light trail from the car too...Did you take in the black and white mode on the camera, or is it a colour shot converted to black and white??..be interesting to see the colour shot if you have it..I bet it's just as impressive...just been reading up on the live comp mode..I imagine that's fun too watching the long exposure build up on the monitor..

Being effectively housebound (while this ankle mends) has given me a chance to review (and start to tidy up my archive of images, a folder that has caught my attention is from a permission visit (in 2015) to Rhydymwyn Valley Works (aka the WWII Mustard Gas Factory, and some early Tube Alloys buildings). First two processed (and there are plenty more to come) are the station platform (still with its rubberised coating) and inside one of the Tube Alloys buildings. Some more info here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M._S._Factory,_Valley

Station - Rhydymwyn Valley Works
by David Yeoman, on Flickr

Tube Alloys - Rhydymwyn Valley Works
by David Yeoman, on Flickr

... thought I'd run with the monochrome theme - Pickering Tor, Dovedale, Derbyshire - 2018

46041925901_d066c77440_b.jpg

Went into London today to meet some old friends. Didn't have a huge amount of time for photography but took the camera anyway. Felt good to be shooting again after a bit of a break with the camera.

Adams Plaza Bridge by Amar Sood, on Flickr

Nikon Z7 / Nikkor 24-70mm f4 S

Lefty

Outstanding luminosity in this Amar, absolutely superb. I love the platinum tone too.

Amar, that's a belter, and the print looks fantastic

Many thanks David! :) Hope the recovery is going well?

Outstanding luminosity in this Amar, absolutely superb. I love the platinum tone too.

Thank you Toby - that's very kind of you :) Also thanks for noticing the toning. It's something I've been experimenting with recently. Really enjoying black and white photogrpahy at the moment.

Lefty

Channeling your inner Sean Tucker??

Haha - as chance would have it I'm actually watching one of his videos right now!

It was more an opportunistic shot. I had just failed at getting a satisfactory shot of The Shard despite beautiful conditons (so difficult to find a good angle on it!) And then I saw the light / shadow on the wall and the figure approaching. So I quickly set my camera at what I thought would give me a nice silhouette and not totally underexpsore the scene whilst still having a fast enough shutter to freeze the action.

It's something I'd like to do more 'deliberately' in the future. Was a bit of an adrenaline rush. (I'm not used to photographing moving things! :D )

Lefty

My first attempt at street photography yesterday (please be gentle!)

Looking forward to trying some more next time I'm in the big smoke...

Yellow by Amar Sood, on Flickr

Nikon Z7 / Nikkor 24-70mm f4 S

Lefty
This is magic..It's almost like Chinese/Japanese theatre..like the guys behind a Rice paper screen...the silhouette is near perfect...

This is magic..It's almost like Chinese/Japanese theatre..like the guys behind a Rice paper screen...the silhouette is near perfect...

That's incredibly kind of you to say - thank you! It's certainly something I'm keen to do more of :)

Lefty

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back