advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
The European herring gulls

50556437862_592dac1008_b.jpg

Strictly speaking it's 'becoming lost' - fading away would sometimes be marked 'morendo'. :)

Yes, I do play, but only for fun these days.

I played pianoforte, when I was very young, but I got bored with it and played truant from my lessons with a woman called Madam Rankin...she was a nice old bird really...I went electronic after the piano and enjoyed playing the organ and electric piano, worked in the music industry for years until it died...musical instruments become a luxury in the 80's and the best part of the music shops closed down...I played keyboards in a blues band for years..using a single keyboard Hammond clone and a Roland electric piano...fabulous time in my life...

Your avatar..Is that you playing the Clarinet?? it's a nice image..

another from the same shoot
Untitled by Pete, on Flickr rald

they were done for the Glasgow Herald - can't remember too much of the background to the job but pretty sure it came about through Anne Cowan , a freelance journalist I'd done work with before. We did i-D style "straight ups" on the streets of Edinburgh during the festival a couple of years running. In'89 it was for the Guardian who required the negatives - which I never got back. A regret because there was a rather nice portrait of the artist Helen Chadwick among them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back