1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2020

Discussion in 'photo' started by Gromit, Jan 1, 2020.

1. martin clark

martin clark pinko bodger

Always glad to see new contributions here... so thank-you @miktec !

That 6x6 shot of Porto in 1984 is wonderful.

eternumviti likes this.
  2. mad-moon

mad-moon pfm Member

Mullardman likes this.
  3. eternumviti

eternumviti Bloviating Brexiter

I really can't understand why anyone would bother with this old stuff. You can do so much more with digital, and its a stack cheaper, no waiting for days for your results, and none of those stinking, environmentally unfriendly chemicals.

4. eternumviti

Here's mine

[​IMG]

I took the photo on the wall with it about 25 years ago. As you can see, well used and thoroughly battered, but in perfect working order, and still in employment.

And here's another one which I bought last year. Still boxed and mint, it had never had a film through it. I bought it at auction together with an F4s doorstop for £185.

[​IMG]

When I bought my first one I couldn't immediately afford a lens for it, so I just used to hold it a play with the dials. Cost me a fair amount of money.

I also bought an OM2 for my daughter just before Christmas, also boxed and mint, the box like new with all the documentation, user manuals and even the guarantee in its plastic pouch. £130 for the body and another £30 for a good 50mm f1.8. I forgot to photograph it before she took it back to Amsterdam.

ff1d1l, Lefty, Gromit and 1 other person like this.
  5. Tony Lockhart

Tony Lockhart pfm Member

Well, after five weeks, Photobucket is back up and running, I think.

I took this photo over the Christmas holiday at Bawdsey beach. Such a pretty place, and at sunrise I’m usually on my own.

[​IMG]

kcc123, TimF, stevied and 4 others like this.
  6. Tony Lockhart

Tony Lockhart pfm Member

Two weeks ago I visited the old nuclear weapon storage site at the former RAF Barnham near Thetford. This place was used to store Blue Danube, including the fissile material, before they were distributed to the region’s V bombers. Decommissioned in 1963, sold to the current owner in 1966. A very interesting place for photography.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

TimF, mentalp, miktec and 2 others like this.
  7. Tony Lockhart

Tony Lockhart pfm Member

Bawdsey cliff, Suffolk. Sunrise here really does make the cliff at this Site of Special Scientific Interest glow. As with the beach, the cliff is full of fossils.

[​IMG]

kcc123, mentalp, miktec and 5 others like this.
  8. Paulicus

Paulicus pfm Member

Nice photography ^ ^ Tony

Tony Lockhart likes this.
  9. Tony Lockhart

Tony Lockhart pfm Member

Thank you. Really getting into landscapes at the moment, and I’ve just bought myself first L-bracket’ so I’ll see how that goes.

10. Gromit

Gromit Plasticine Dog

+1 :)

miktec and Tony Lockhart like this.
  11. ff1d1l

ff1d1l pfm Member

12. eternumviti

These are superb. Did you find any drowned Nazi stormtroopers?

13. eternumviti

14. Tony Lockhart

Tony Lockhart pfm Member

They never even tried :)

15. eternumviti

I don't know how the Barnham site had slipped under my radar, but then I guess I'm more WW2 oriented in my interests. Looks fascinating.

16. Tony Lockhart

Tony Lockhart pfm Member

If you’re ever passing nearby on a week day, you can just drive through the site, as it’s now called the Gorse Industrial Estate. As long as you don’t take the micky, I doubt anyone will complain. I went on an organised photo shoot, set up by https://www.throughthelensworkshops/

eternumviti likes this.
  17. eternumviti

I guess Gorse, for all its sharpness, is a gentler name than say, the Plutonium U235 Industrial Estate, or the Smallboy Industrial Estate. Actually, Blue Danube itself is poetic, in a dark way.

Tony Lockhart likes this.
  18. mentalp

mentalp pfm Member

TimF, Lefty, Gromit and 5 others like this.
  19. ff1d1l

ff1d1l pfm Member

Exactly what drew me to it and what I was trying to get :)

20. ff1d1l

ff1d1l pfm Member

A couple more from yesterday. Check out the beautiful ornamental slating in the second...and the grilles at the top, which are drilled/bored slate...unfortunately the building is deteriorating rapidly.

[​IMG]

Danger Blasting
    by Mr ff1d1l, on Flickr

[​IMG]

Number One
    by Mr ff1d1l, on Flickr

miktec and eternumviti like this.