advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2019 part I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Amar - I'm now down to using C1 Express (the free one) for Fuji as it's a lot more simple than C1 Pro, then if any further manipulation is required (usually just healing) then I'll pop the jpeg into LR. I cannot deny that Fuji RAWs are just so much better when converted in Capture One. I don't tend to do much processing so the set up works fine for me. Just wish NL was available for Capture One as trying to sharpen the Fuji RAWs in Lightroom (ones which are negative copies) ends up with so many artefacts which is a bit of a pain.

I actually just stumbled on Negative Lab whilst searching on YouTube for videos on copying negatives with a camera. It does work extremely well, and saves one hell of a lot of faff trying to do the same in Lightroom.

Thanks for the feedback Richard. It's a shame that they don't make an 'Express' version of C1 for Nikon as I'd be interested in trying that out. I did download a demo of the full fat C1 Pro a while ago and there was certainly a learning curve coming from Adobe! Last time I tried this made me ineligible to download another demo version, but now that the new version of C1 Pro is out I might try again. One feature I really liked during my trial of C1 Pro was the colour editor.

Lefty

That looks very good, and possibly better than a scan on screen. The lighting is very even which is difficult at macro level - are you using a light box or similar?

Thanks John :)

You're right, I've invested in a light box/board, an extortionate 14 quid one off Amazon which does the job ok. I was reasonably happy with the results I got from my Plustek scanner, but they just couldn't get near the lab scans (admittedly done on a Noritsu worth many £k's). Trouble was the cost of the lab stuff. Been watching some YouTube videos (Matt Day is very good) getting tips on do's and don'ts - copying slides is a lot easier but with Negative Lab Pro as a Lightroom plug-in it makes light work of converting negatives. Downside is that NLP doesn't work with Capture One, and Lightroom just cannot cope with the Fuji RAW sharpening needed without seeing artefacts. Still, C1 works brilliantly for slide copying as no plug-in needed. Hours of fun to be had! :)

DSC_2880.jpg

At the swimming pool, downtown Raymond, Wa.
-Steve

DSC_2922.jpg

Doe with fawn.

DSC_2929.jpg

Doe by herself. Note the broken leg. We see this often in the local deer population.
Bone%20sticking%20out.jpg

Detail of the broken leg. Bone splinter protruding from its hide.

I've never seen any of the local deer get hit by a car, but most people around here assume that the deer are walking out in front of moving autos late at night and getting hit.

-Steve

The Praying Shell
by Paul Wood, on Flickr

A sculpture of a praying man overlooking Morecambe Bay has been unveiled.
The Praying Shell artwork, carved in limestone, sits above the site where 23 Chinese cockle pickers working for criminal gangmasters died in 2004.

It was unveiled at Red Bank Farm, Bolton-le-Sands, Carnforth, by Lancaster councillor Ron Sands at a sunset ceremony.

Artist Anthony Padgett said it was designed to inspire walkers.
He said though links may now be made to the cockle pickers tragedy, the idea for the sculpture was born before it happened.

"Its symbolism is intended to parallel humanity's openness to a larger dimension and the way cockle shells open as the tide comes in," he said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back