advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2019 part I

Status
Not open for further replies.
I looked this up, what an amazing place
Looking up to daylight in an enormous chamber at Ratgoed today. To give an idea of scale check out the wooden crane at the top of the face. And goes down at least as far again below the level the image was taken from.

I looked this up, what an amazing place. I love the fact that so many artefacts survive considering how long ago it closed, including the tramway.

This was at Lake Panic. Appropriate name!
The most idyllic place to spend time, just outside Skukuza in The Kruger. This fight went on for nearly an hour. Leopards, Elis, Crocs and incredible birdlife abound and a great hide to see it all.
Seconds after this was taken....massive Nile crocodile launched itself out of the lake to attack another croc!

Jaws! Taken in Sabi Sand Reserve. Probably the strongest bite of any.

Last edited:
@Tony Lockhart This place is a regular haunt of mine and this bench is a new installation. And yes, very sad story. There's 11 babies and 1 mother that died in our, my towns maternity unit. I know some of the people involved. The midwives responsible where so cavalier in their patient care that they were known as the Musketeers within the hospital. And it beggars belief that they tried to cover it up. A cover up which goes right to the top of the local health authority.

The most westerly point of mainland Europe!

We were ready for the fact that the Atlantic Ocean in November will not be gentle to us. Especially after the rain and piercing wind in the Castle of the Moors in Sintra in the afternoon. However, the weather at Cape Roca was super fine: + 20C and not the slightest breeze!

48999038901_3523815017_b.jpg

Nikon D3, 70-200 2.8 FL/E. Circuit Chris Amon, Feilding, New Zealand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back