advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2019 part I

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Helix Park is The Home of the Kelpies - the largest equine sculptures in the world.

48694824318_bfd36b35a9_b.jpg

48694634082_28da21729d_b.jpg
Cracking pictures. I bet they take on an ethereal look at night when they're lit up.

Is they're a canal boat lift here, too?

Cracking pictures. I bet they take on an ethereal look at night when they're lit up.

Is they're a canal boat lift here, too?
Hi Paul, thanks!

Yes, there is. But t is quite far away(4 miles) from the Falkirk Wheel, a walk for over an hour. So it's best to go there by car or bus.

48694831283_e257643e16_b.jpg

48694804897_f62805dc19_b.jpg

@kcc123 - I would love to see (and photograph) The Kelpies in the flesh. Nice job!

Here's one from my first visit to Burnham Beeches.

More of a scouting trip for when conditions are more favourable, though I rather liked this one.

Taken with the fabulous Nikkor 50mm f1.2

September by Amar Sood, on Flickr

Nikon Z7 / Nikkor 50mm f1.2 Ai-S

Lefty

@kcc123 - I would love to see (and photograph) The Kelpies in the flesh. Nice job!

Here's one from my first visit to Burnham Beeches.

More of a scouting trip for when conditions are more favourable, though I rather liked this one.

Taken with the fabulous Nikkor 50mm f1.2

September by Amar Sood, on Flickr

Nikon Z7 / Nikkor 50mm f1.2 Ai-S

Lefty
Hi Amar, thanks!

You should go and see them as the Helix Park where the Kelpies located is the newest attraction in Scotland.

Wow Tony, that's a great picture of the monster ship. Fabulous lighting.

Thanks. I’d been to Felixstowe Ferry earlier, arriving there at 5.45 ready for sunrise, and by 6.15, the light was flat and lifeless. So I decided to give Landguard a look, not realising that Süngül was still there and would be leaving soon.
There were a few clouds on the horizon by now, and that was enough to give a decent glow... 7am ish? And just for a change I managed to predict the lighting, angle of the ship and where I needed to be to get that shot.

Chuffed.

But must do better next time. :)

I think each cylinder in the two-stroke Diesel engine is over 1,800 litres!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back