1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2019 part I

Discussion in 'photo' started by Gromit, Jan 1, 2019.

1. eguth

eguth pfm Member

2. Pete MB&D

Pete MB&D Pete Maddex, the one and only!

Dev and eternumviti like this.
  3. JemHayward

JemHayward pfm Member

There is a specific type of hearing loss known as 'Shackelton Ear' - though my dad has his Shak Ear from flying a Halifax.

cctaylor and eternumviti like this.
  4. Gromit

Gromit Plasticine Dog

A cuppa - always great First Aid:

[​IMG]Galley by Boxertrixter, on Flickr

X-T2/XF16-1.4

Handley Page Hastings.

John Barry and Pete MB&D like this.
  5. Bananahead

Bananahead pfm Member

6. Lefty

Lefty Trade: Amar Sood Photo

One from the archives which I've only just processed - looking through old images as I'm seriously pining for my old Nikkor 50mm f1.2 Ai-S.

[​IMG]

Summer Birch by Amar Sood, on Flickr

Nikon D800E / Nikkor 50mm f1.2 Ai-S

Lefty

7. Milan

Milan pfm Member

[​IMG]
    Talowa Dam
    by Milan Vjestica, on Flickr

Went for a sheltered view away from the high winds. There is even a fish lift at this dam for the endangered Australian Grayling. The fish are lured into a large cage by flowing water then hoisted over the main dam wall and lowered down the other side.

8. Colinb

Colinb pfm Member

kcc123, martin clark, Milan and 2 others like this.
  9. Gromit

Gromit Plasticine Dog

10. ff1d1l

ff1d1l pfm Member

Ffynon Fair - St Mary's Holy Well, is halfway up the cliff in the upper RH corner. Final stop for the pilgrims before crossing to Ynys Enlli, Bardsey Island, the reputed resting place of 20,000 saints, and 3 Enlli pilgrimages worth one to Rome.

[​IMG]

Ynys Enlli.
    The well is in the cliffs to the right.

[​IMG]

yurivv, Durmbo, Gromit and 2 others like this.
  11. ff1d1l

ff1d1l pfm Member

Slate grave stones in various locations at Pen Llyn.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mr Perceptive and eternumviti like this.
  12. eguth

eguth pfm Member

13. Gromit

Gromit Plasticine Dog

John Barry, Mr Perceptive and Lefty like this.
  14. martin clark

martin clark pinko bodger

[​IMG]

Homage á Fox Talbot - Laycock Abbey today with my parents.
    Straight reduction from camera (X100,a bit more than a 'mousetrap'...)

(I'd stick it in the 'blurry photos thread except I did this deliberately..)

15. Pete MB&D

Pete MB&D Pete Maddex, the one and only!

16. Gromit

Gromit Plasticine Dog

Superb stuff, Pete - right up with your best imho (which is darn good!). :)

Pete MB&D likes this.
  17. Gromit

Gromit Plasticine Dog

18. Lefty

Lefty Trade: Amar Sood Photo

@Gromit - Nice, I've always been curious about the X-H1. I presume you traded the X-T2 against it?

Lefty

Gromit likes this.
  19. Gromit

Gromit Plasticine Dog

Hi Amar- I did indeed trade the T2 in, got a good enough price to make it worthwhile. :)

Had a lot of fun with the T2, it (along with my old Pro1) certainly did a good job when I shot a friend's wedding a couple of weeks ago. Downside is that I've got so used to IBIS I ended up taking risks with shutter speeds, resulting in a handful of slightly fuzzy images. Took the Pen F also which was putting out tack-sharp images at speeds which would've been utter failures with the Fujis.

This got me thinking that an ideal combo would be that Fuji sensor and ergos/non-menu-delving controls alongside a stabilised sensor. Now, the H1's IBIS isn't even in the same timezone as the Oly (which is crazy-clever) but it's safe'n'sharp down to 1/30sec with the XF56. Even slower if I'm extra careful. In doing so it means keeping ISO low or being able to stop the lens down...perhaps even a bit of both. :)

The H1 also has a more developed shutter - electronic first curtain, and unbelievably quiet. Noise-wise there's no need whatsoever for the ES.

20. John Barry

John Barry pfm Member

You've suddenly gone huge. Not just the camera, but also the photos; they no longer fit on my screen! Look forward to seeing the results