advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2019 part I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Photographing butterflies.... it's something I dabbled with last year and I really enjoyed both the challenge (it's not easy!) and the results. I've been out more times than I care to admit to a local spot this year trying to repeat last year's successes but have come away empty handed.

However, my luck changed on my last visit as there were plenty about. That's not to say it was easy. Finding a good composition with a photogenically roosted butterfly against a clean background and in nice light, with little wind was difficult. Having said that, I came away with a few 'keepers''.

This first image is of a female marbled white and took a 16 image focus stack to ensure front to back sharpness of the subject and plant.

48191924901_3d8c6188c5_b.jpg

Nikon Z7 / Nikkor 105mm f2.8 Macro

Lefty

Last edited:
@John Barry - those are excellent John. Immaculate judgement of colour as always.

Here's another from my recent evening of butterfly photography.

48215473252_842e1d5517_b.jpg

Nikon Z7 / Nikkor 105mm f2.8 Macro

Lefty

Thanks Amar, very much appreciated. Likewise, your stunning butterfly shots also encapsulate the glorious summer weather we are currently enjoying

Lefty

Love the superb butterfly photos but I’m curious as to what inducements you would need to join Bananahead at the beach volleyball tournament

Lefty

Love the superb butterfly photos but I’m curious as to what inducements you would need to join Bananahead at the beach volleyball tournament

Thank you Clay

In terms of the beach volleyball tournaments, I don't think I'd need much inducing ;)

Lefty

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back