advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2019 part I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had my first 'proper' outing with the Z7 last night as it FINALLY stopped raining! Conditions were superb :)

Lefty

Last edited:

Stevington Windmill by Amar Sood, on Flickr

Nikon Z7 / Nikkor 24-70mm f4 S

One from my first 'proper' outing with the camera in a long time. The forecast wasn't great, but I had a feeling there would be a break in the cloud around sunset. It was a good opportunity to visit Stevington Windmill, a location which I'd been meaning to get to for some time. Needless to say I'm glad I took the risk as conditions turned out even better than I could have imagined. It was also the first proper outing with the new Nikon Z7.

Lefty

IMG_6866_1024px.jpg

IMG_6873_1024px.jpg

and the evening and the morning were the first day.

Midsummer's day: 4.24am, 9.29pm: sunrise, sunset (iphone 5se)

Sometimes gaining the trust of the local indigenous peoples in South America can be difficult. These two are superb IMO.

Superb John - more Kodachrome scans? These could be straight from the pages of National Geographic.

No.....just had a couple of weeks in Peru on a family trip. I've always wanted to re-visit the country having studied the conquest of the Americas in the distant past. It's changed a great deal since my last time there but seems to have retained a charm missing from a number of increasingly popular tourist destinations.

Clay B, thanks for the comment, a smile & very broken Spanish helped a bit!

More of a scouting trip image, this needs to be revisited in more dramatic light - the mystery of the Moors farmhouse (Llwyn-y-Bettws), high up on the moors above Cwm Pennant lies an abandoned farmhouse with no obvious signs of an access road, abandoned many years ago, this two storey building (more at home within a Welsh town) stands proud. Most buildings of this generation built this high up would be single storey, there is no history of the building or the occupants to be found, though it is marked on first edition OS maps. It took some finding, guided by walls/fences marked on the OS map, but a revisit is definitely on the cards (now I know exactly how to get there!)

Llwyn-y-Bettws
by David Yeoman, on Flickr

A weekend away with my son in one of @Lefty's favourite places

Llyn Nantlle - Evening Light

Very nice indeed mate! I would love to visit Snowdonia in those conditions (makes a change from the overcast conditions and driving winds when we were there! :D )

More of a scouting trip image, this needs to be revisited in more dramatic light - the mystery of the Moors farmhouse (Llwyn-y-Bettws), high up on the moors above Cwm Pennant lies an abandoned farmhouse with no obvious signs of an access road, abandoned many years ago, this two storey building (more at home within a Welsh town) stands proud. Most buildings of this generation built this high up would be single storey, there is no history of the building or the occupants to be found, though it is marked on first edition OS maps. It took some finding, guided by walls/fences marked on the OS map, but a revisit is definitely on the cards (now I know exactly how to get there!)

Llwyn-y-Bettws

Looks a lovely spot with loads of potential. I really need to get myself back to Snowdonia!

Lefty

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back