advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
You really are a man of symmetry Pete! I'm always intrigued by your pics. Interesting and good quality. You could create quite an exhibition with your work. What is your camera?

Thank you very much.

I have a few Nikon’s, but I am mostly using my D300 with a 24mm f1.8 lens for my picture a day project.

Pete

A daytime long exposure from Cyprus. Made using the Formatt Hitech Firecrest 10 Stop ND. I liked the way the leading lines created by both the rocks and the clouds in the sky both streak towards the same point in the image.

Streak by Amar Sood, on Flickr

Fuji X-T2 / Samyang 12mm f2

Lefty

Last edited:
I've been doing a spot of product photography... keeps me out of trouble, anyway. Bit of practice with the Nikon Creative Lighting System; a bloody sight more complex than using studio strobes.

27129759298_66ef9e70c4_b.jpg

hosted on flickr, eh!
Nikon D3, AF Nikkor 50mm f1.4D, SB-700, two SB-600 off-camera with stofen diffusers, light tent, tripod. 1/8 sec @ f8, ISO400.

thanks, Amar :) This is my first D3, it's going beautifully at around 200k releases**... for sale as I don't really need three of them. It's nicely patinated at the rear. I just love the way they feel. I had a good play with the new D850 recently, and while it is a technically superior camera, it just doesn't handle like a D3/4/5 (even with a grip).

I plan on getting a D610 or 810 as a 'more compact' general photography body, and retain the D3 x 2 for sports and event shooting.

thanks, David. I'm still in awe of your image. I particularly like that you have 'just enough' happening in the water... I see so many landscapes with the '10 stop must make everything milky' super-long exposure** school of thought ;) and that cloud just makes me wish for wales. No mean feat given I'm in Godzone :D

**which works well for some subjects/occasions.

Three D3s!! Now that's just greedy - you could always donate one to me :D

Decided to print and frame the above image. Here it is ready to be hung :) The print itself is around 13 x 9 inches.

(Geek info - printed on Fotospeed Smooth Cotton 300 using my Epson SC-P600)

40297083364_934cb226ed_b.jpg

Lefty

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back