advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2018 part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
DSC_1047.jpg

DSC_1057.jpg

-Steve

I've no idea Lefty! i was just following orders and going where i was told! It's in the Lake District though i remember that!
I didn't really take many Images for a quite a time, so as an early new years resolution, i've decided to start taking photos again. This one is from a while back.

I seem to have boxed myself into a corner. Whilst my trip to The Lakes was fantastic, I'm now finding it to have been a double edged sword. Since coming back, I am struggling for motivation to get out and about in the local landscape and have not been out once for photography since the end of November! This has also coincided with a bit of a struggle with processing. Some of this is down to me adjusting to a new monitor and computer / OS, but part of it is images from The Lakes being naturally 'bombastic' straight out of camera. As a result, I'm finding it tricky to get the right balance between getting the best out of the image and not going 'over the top'. I'm actually looking forward to doing some non-serious photography of the family over Christmas and pressing the photographic reset button so to speak.

In the meantime, here's a long lens landscape from The Lakes:

Buttermere Larches by Amar Sood, on Flickr

Sony A7rII / 70-200mm f4

Lefty

I seem to have boxed myself into a corner. Whilst my trip to The Lakes was fantastic, I'm now finding it to have been a double edged sword. Since coming back, I am struggling for motivation to get out and about in the local landscape and have not been out once for photography since the end of November!

What did Ansel Adams say... you could spend the rest of your life photographing in a 100 yard radius of where you are now and not exhaust the possibilities... or something like that, he did live in Carmel though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back