advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Footbridge near to me...

P1030835_zpswdhfuskd.jpg

Jono

DSC_8941_1024.jpg

The goods shed at Beaucourt Station, Somme, rebuilt in the 1930s, now lying derelict. The station served as a focal point in The Battle of the Ancre of 13th November 1916, the survivors of the Hood and Anson battalions of the Royal Naval Division, which had been decimated in the early stages, being rallied here by the extraordinary Lt Colonel Bernard Freyberg before successfully assaulting the German defences on the edge of the village. Freyberg won the VC for his efforts here, and was seriously wounded, one of 9 wounds received in WW1. He went on to command British & New Zealand forces in Greece and Crete during WW2, and the New Zealanders at Alamein and Monte Cassino. After the second war he served as Governor-General of New Zealand for some years.

Freyberg is very well regarded down here in Godzone, we have Freyberg Pool - fine munuicipal swimming baths on Oriental Bay, Wellington Harbour; there's a large governmental building named after him, streets, and statues.

26798226191_456381ec33_b.jpg

hosted on flickr

Cruise Control

"a gymnast in training showing a mixture of intense conentration and relaxation as she sails through the air from the floor to the pit, whilst her peers look on, awaiting their turn."

Nikon D3, AF Nikkor 35-70 2.8 at 70mm, 1/800 f2.8, IS2500, manual exposure, AF.

These are two pictures that I am going to submit for a photo swap in the category of Creative Portrait.

Both are excellent - in very different ways... the second one is more "creative" but is the sort of image that will divide opinion.

Where do you get your models from? Getting reliable models is a nightmare, I've found.

I am friends with a photo club (one day I will actually join) and they find models sometimes. I also know some pro togs who organise workshops occasionally.

I try to find models for my local club, but I often get last minute cancellations and simply no shows. I'm on a couple of model / togs sites, but the response rate is quite poor.

One I used regularly was really great, but she has now retired, so I'm down to one locally that I can trust, and we have rather a lot of pictures of her now.

your Kwakka's looking very sharp and lovingly maintained, Pete #8 )

though possibly the D300 or even a 200 would have been best tool for the job #; ) I see the left front corner of the fairing... revealed by the awesome resolving power of the D800 #8 o

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back