advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2013 Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
paper.jpg

Just like a Cartier Bresson decisive moment there Thingfish - al..most..touching.. And I do like the flowing line from the girl's head along both arms to the paper-seller's head.

(Just thinking, if the paper had been rotated so you could read that particular headline, it would have had another compelling element in the mix)

All said, a rather fine shot and one of those you come back to more than once!

Just like a Cartier Bresson decisive moment there Thingfish - al..most..touching.. And I do like the flowing line from the girl's head along both arms to the paper-seller's head.

(Just thinking, if the paper had been rotated so you could read that particular headline, it would have had another compelling element in the mix)

All said, a rather fine shot and one of those you come back to more than once!

more of the same on the underlying link www.35mmview.com

interesting stuff

Thanks, Martin. I noticed the Chrysler Building in the corner of my eye, and zoomed with my feet about 4 blocks for this shot. Worth the detour.

Cliff, yes, I purposely put it in manual mode at my usual nighttime setting of 1/30, f1.8, iso400, knowing the blacks were going to be black. Again, strait out of the camera - monochrome jpeg - no tweaking whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back