advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2008 part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love the first one Pete.

2770880316_ecac68ff89.jpg

Say hello to Peter. A Swedish tourist we ran into on the South Bank last week, he was from a small town and had never been in the big smoke before. He was intrigued by the Rollei so I took his picture with it.

img866.jpg

Moral: come to the city and you get famous. Or, at least, you get posted on flickr and pfm, which is probably about as famous as anyone needs to be.

-- Ian

Pete, that first one looks really lovely in the small size. How do you carry the images around with you? I'd have thought like polaroids they are somewhat wet and scratchy at first and take time to develop/harden?

Cesare

Pete, that first one looks really lovely in the small size. How do you carry the images around with you? I'd have thought like polaroids they are somewhat wet and scratchy at first and take time to develop/harden?

Cesare

The instax came with it's own bag - very slightly padded which has an inside pocket thatI've been putting the film in. They're not wet - it's not a pull apart process but similar to SX70 and the image develops over about ten minutes to full density.The image is exposed through the back of the eventual print - if you get this wet you can end up with streaks in the print - as I found out in the rain.
I don't know if you can manipulate the image with pressure as you could with SX70.
The cameras are cheap on Ebay - you can pick them up for less than a tenner and film's available (and cheaper than Polaroid) - nice to play around with.

I just stick mine inside a book. A slim volume of poetry is ideal.

Up on the cliffs last Sunday. Summer's not exactly here any more. Hopefully it'll be back for the bank holiday, I have plans to hit the South Downs.

img888.jpg

-- Ian

That's wery nice.
I find slim volumes of poetry have all kinds of uses. Leaving them on the seat next to you on busses whilst staring wistfully out the window is a good way to meet girls. Particularly if one's moody B&W photographs should happen to fall out when one moves it out of the way of said girls. Science fact.

Slim volume of poetry? How about a moleskine sketchbook, that way you can use the expandable pocket for the prints and write your own musings on the pages.

I like that blurry countryside shot Ian - it's what my left eye sees first thing in the morning. I think you, Anex and Concrete might have a team blur thing going on these days judging by the recent sets on Flickr.

Cliff

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back