advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2008 part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
2427266313_d7955cd494_o.jpg

Found beach object a la vogue
OM4ti Zeiss 24-48 B&W Film and scanned

Vuk - I wasn't getting shirty. I quite like detritus though and it doesn't bother me in this shot.Thanks for the compliment.
I really can't stand that term "capture" though

cliff.

i thought you were in egypt?

vuk.

Yeah, I was going to go to Charm El Sheikh ;)

That picture above is taken on the beach near Eastbourne at Birling Gap

Agree with Pete about capture - they use it on the rangefinder forum and its annoying especially if you use film - it had a name for 100+ years - a Photograph.

concrete,
Thanks.

Vuk,
Thanks. material these days is a bit limited.

to head in that direction, next time have shelly put on all her fanciest jewelry and a adopt a bitchy expression of disdain.

I'll have to keep my mouth shut on this, Shelly is sometimes reading this forum over my shoulder.

p.p.s. are you sure you didn't mean to post this in the charm theme thread?

Hmmm, still looking for an amazing, compelling and elusive interpretation of this theme.

Omer.

2428306537_49089fd068_o.jpg

Between the Yacht pub and the Cutty Sark pub
D3 85 1.4 lens at just less than wide open

2428306381_074af5cd84_o.jpg

Near the Queen's House
D3 Zeiss Diagon 35

Some of Guy's cones have moved out of town and into the country - here they are huddling under a red light, touting for passing trade...
2430153085_ac6832bc2b_o.jpg

Here's that same red light viewed from inside our house, through the silly patterned glass installed in lieu of the dreaded nets (our living room is right on the pavement, so some privacy measures are necessary)

2430153007_e8ce98af1c_o.jpg

I went for a 10 mile walk across open country yesterday. One of the places I ended up in was Guestling.

img180.jpg

-- Ian

Great sky shot Ian. There was interesting sky - like that - tonight in London, but as usual my ability to shoot it was nil. So instead I shot some squirrels and some parakeets (not sure if shot, capture or photograph is the right word).

Anway, honest opinion, in the absence of a 200mm lens, I had to make do with 120mm, so which is better, the crop or the full frame:

squirrel_full.jpg
squirrel_crop.jpg

Ian - nice shot, but i'm wondering if you had a suitable filter with you. Assuming there is enough blue up there (and it wasn't really overcast) could a red filter give you an even more interesting sky on a shot like that?

Cliff - you are clearly having a lot of fun with your D3! Given you were out and about with it i'm guessing the weight isn't stopping you? I always carry my 1D on a shoulder rather than round my neck. You may find a wider padded strap helps (I'm fine with the standard one but other people seem to prefer something with some padding).

Your Greenwich shot with the balls is nice.

Cesare

Cliff - you are clearly having a lot of fun with your D3! Given you were out and about with it i'm guessing the weight isn't stopping you? I always carry my 1D on a shoulder rather than round my neck. You may find a wider padded strap helps (I'm fine with the standard one but other people seem to prefer something with some padding).

Your Greenwich shot with the balls is nice.

Cesare

Well, I have an 18" neck, so it can take some weight, and the supplied strap is about 2" wide, but I also have one of those single strap quick access bags. It's the only way of dealing with multiple prime lenses (35 Zeiss, 50 1.4 Nikkor, 85 1.4 Nikkor) - although in the squirrel case I had a 24-120 Nikkor VR Zoom handy. Obviously the balls was taken using a "proper lens" - It's an oddly b&w looking shot even though it's a colour picture. Cheers for the compliment :) I also took the same angle with the OM4ti and some "TMAX" kodak film - yet to be processed.

Cliff

Ian - nice shot, but i'm wondering if you had a suitable filter with you. Assuming there is enough blue up there (and it wasn't really overcast) could a red filter give you an even more interesting sky on a shot like that?

I had a yellow K2 filter on, that's the one I nearly always use. I'm not keen on red filter effects, they never look quite right to me, the darkest I go is yellow-orange. It was a perfect spring day yesterday, almost cloudless, so the sky is mostly down to the filter. Also, it was shot with my first roll of Rollei Retro 100, which seems pretty good, but is a bit less punchy/contrasty than my usual medium-slow film choice, Fuji Acros. I thought about jacking it up a bit in post processing but decided to go with it as it came out instead, it's a zen thing :)

-- Ian

Cliff,

TMax is OK, but Tri-X is the B&W film of legend... or so I'm reliably informed.

Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back