advertisement

PFM PCB projects repository

orangeart

KJF Audio Ltd.
Hello all, just wanted to canvas opinion.

One of the threads about Hackers boards suggested a central repository for PFM PCB and circuit project files to reside for easy future download.

I am more than happy to do that via my www.kjfaudio.com website under a menu heading reflecting the content. I'm also happy to keep a stock of PCBs for the more interesting projects and a stock of some of the parts. I'd obviously need to make a few quid on the PCB/parts though.

I'd not like the repository to get in the way of the normal group buy methods on here as I've been part of some of those in the past and they are undoubtedly a great way of gauging the likely success of a circuit and getting an initial run of boards to as many participants as possible. Once an initial run has happened though, me keeping a stock may be a great way of keeping a circuit interest alive and promoting more traffic back to PFM.

If I was going to do this we would need to come up with some rules of engagements between myself, the circuit/PCB developers and PFM where nobody felt that they were being exploited. It would seem the best way was for the circuits and PCBs to be kept under some sort of creative commons agreement where potential users agreed to share PCB should maybe have the PFM logo displayed. Any commercial use should attract a donation back to PFM, which while difficult to police shoyld generate some income for Tony.

Ideally we'd have some of the more prolific designers like Carl (Hacker) and Tony (Bemused) on board, PD and Niel J have some sort of agreement already I think, so we might not be able to get them on board. Older circuits like the Flea from Martin would be good to have although they may be subject to a similar agreement elsewhere. original Teddy regs would be good but Teddy obviously sells the superior super teddy reg via his site so that may not be possible either. I can create some simple 317 reg and TPR layouts we could have as well if wanted?

Lets hear the ideas on this and maybe a list of the circuits you'd like to see available.

Stefan

I think the issue is that you'll likely see them cloned on ebay within a short period of time.

There is still a market for boards and components of known provenance.

Projects I have schematics and Gerber's for are:

Complementary bipolar output current dumping power amplifier.
Simple lateral MOSFET power amplifier.
Simple bipolar class A amplifier.
Low feedback class A or AB lateral MOSFET amplifier.
Shunt feedback RIAA MM or MC stage with Ti low noise regs.
Current boosted LM317 and LM337.

Great idea, as SQ has said, likely to be cloned, but many of the circuits are based on prior art, so if you're not bothered about it marketed on ebay et al, go for it.

Happy to host this sort of stuff here. It is pretty much what the reference room is for. If someone wants to step up as a FAQ owner I can easily dump any data (images, .pdf files etc) up to a folder on the server so it can be linked to.

OK great, I'll bow out then. My offer was assuming you couldn't do a nicely organised menu system with file repository for these types of files. I had assumed it was just links in a post to a file elsewhere like we have done before. Didn't realise the forum software would be able to do that.

Would you be able to keep a stock of boards and parts? I'd still be happy to do that as obviously shop software like I use is already set up for that, that said I know DIYA manage to run a stock system with their forum which looks like the same software you use.

Anyway the offer is there if it's the easiest way of doing it.

Happy to host this sort of stuff here. It is pretty much what the reference room is for. If someone wants to step up as a FAQ owner I can easily dump any data (images, .pdf files etc) up to a folder on the server so it can be linked to.

Why do you need an FAQ owner?, just host the files and the questions can be asked in conference, generates more traffic for you.

Why do you need an FAQ owner?, just host the files and the questions can be asked in conference, generates more traffic for you.

I may have misunderstood what was being proposed, but what I was offering was to coordinate the hosting for someone putting a FAQ page together in the reference area, i.e. they write the FAQ, send me the stuff they want linked from it, I hoof it up to the server and give them the links (which will be to a very simple and logical format). End result a resources thread (or one per umbrella topic, or more, your choice) with stuff hosted within the forum itself so no future broken links etc, no need to exit the site. It sounds like the most logical way of doing it to me.

PS I've been out all day hence slow response, though if I do miss something important here please PM me as I will try and provide whatever resources are needed.

I may have misunderstood what was being proposed, but what I was offering was to coordinate the hosting for someone putting a FAQ page together in the reference area, i.e. they write the FAQ, send me the stuff they want linked from it, I hoof it up to the server and give them the links (which will be to a very simple and logical format). End result a resources thread (or one per umbrella topic, or more, your choice) with stuff hosted within the forum itself so no future broken links etc, no need to exit the site. It sounds like the most logical way of doing it to me.

PS I've been out all day hence slow response, though if I do miss something important here please PM me as I will try and provide whatever resources are needed.

Could you PM me the email address? You will need to clear your messages first :)

Hi.

Has anybody got the gerber files for the HackerCap pcbs please? All links I’ve found here appear to be dead.

Cheers,

John

advertisement

Back