Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Peter (Pedro) Dixon RIP

Discussion in 'off topic' started by SteveS1, Jul 6, 2021.

1. SteveS1

SteveS1 I heard that, pardon?

It is with a hugely heavy heart that I report that PFM member and fellow music fan Pedro Dixon (Pedro83) died suddenly in June, he was 37.

Pedro contributed to PFM from 2010 and was known to several members here. I first had contact with him during the purchase of some headphones and we had corresponded regularly on a range of interests ever since. He was originally from East Yorkshire, but based in Portugal from where he ran a UK survey business. I know that he has been grateful for the help and support of some members here with aspects such as the design of his web site and some IT advice. I spoke at length with his dad this afternoon and he asked me to pass on the sad news to the forum and his appreciation to those of you Pedro counted among his friends.

My thoughts are with his dad Gary, all Pedro's family and his many friends. He will be much missed, RIP.

2. Marchbanks

Marchbanks Hat and Beard member

That’s terrible news... I remember having an entertaining late night phone call from him a couple of years ago when he was thinking of buying something I had for sale. I hadn’t realised he was so young. My sympathies to his family.

3. windhoek

windhoek The Phoolosopher

RIP and best wishes for the family :(

4. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

Horrible news, he will certainly be missed here. Best wishes to his family. RIP.

5. deebster

deebster Half Man Half Biscuit

Such a shame. He seemed a decent chap.

RIP Peter.

6. matt j

matt j pfm Member

RIP, no age that.

7. jagdesign

jagdesign pfm Member

That's awful news - I had guessed from his avatar that he wasn't that much older than me and shared an interest in watches, tech etc.

RIP Pedro

8. robs

robs should know how this works by no

RIP Pedro.
    Awful news when anyone passes, but that is just too young. Thoughts are with the family.

9. russel

russel ./_dazed_and_confused

Terrible news, far too young. Condolences to his family.

Russ

10. sean99

sean99 pfm Member

It's really sad when a fellow PFMer passes, but especially so at that age. Thoughts with his family.

Sue Pertwee-Tyr likes this.
  11. Seeker_UK

Seeker_UK Booyakashah, check out my avatar...

Terrible news.

12. PhilofCas

PhilofCas pfm Member

Sorry to hear this, a likeable chap, condolences to his family.

13. stevec67

stevec67 pfm Member

Bloody hell. RIP Pedro. Only 37. Born in the year I sat my O levels and started riding a moped about. That's a shock.

14. canonman

canonman pfm Member

Good grief, shocking news.I didn't know him but as a fellow East Yorkie, it makes me sad.
    RIP

15. Woodface

Woodface pfm Member

Oh that is a shame, seemed a really nice bloke, RIP.

16. gintonic

gintonic 50 shades of grey pussy cats

RIP Pedro, such a shame and too young. It was only few months ago I was helping him do some intricate corrections to his partners thesis

hifinutt likes this.
  17. ToTo Man

ToTo Man the band not the dog

Gosh that news came totally out of the blue. RIP Pedro.

18. Bob McC

Bob McC Living the life of Riley

RIP fellow PFMer.

19. Conan

Conan Loop digger

I'm shocked.
    Dealt with him a couple of time and he was a nice guy.

20. Yank

Yank Bulbous Also Tapered

That's awful