advertisement

Perlisten ? new speakers on the block

hifinutt

hifinutt
Anyone who saw the front cover of hifi news might have seen the new perlisten floorstanders . seems to be a new brand in town amongst the huge competition . might be worth a look to someone . especially for an AV system . Anyone heard any yet ?

I auditioned for a long time the base/sister-company speakers, Arendal. Will have a listen to the Perlisten S7T, hopefully this week.

Anyone who saw the front cover of hifi news might have seen the new perlisten floorstanders . seems to be a new brand in town amongst the huge competition . might be worth a look to someone . especially for an AV system . Anyone heard any yet ?

Snip

It is worth reading the Stereophile and Audioholics tests of these speakers. Erinsaudiocorner has tested the bookshelf version; there is a definite family resemblance should the floor standers be too large or expensive. The design philosophy seems to be to aim for a flat axial response and wide horizontal but narrow vertical directivity. The floor standers seem to have traded off bass extension for sensitivity.

This is the flagship model, so necessarily expensive, but a less expensive series is said to be in the works.

Fascinating design and I really want to hear them. Hard to fault according to reviews and measurements, but speaker choice is very subjective IME. Am pretty sure these are speakers I could appreciate, but would I love them? Would like to find out someday!

It is worth reading the Stereophile and Audioholics tests of these speakers. Erinsaudiocorner has tested the bookshelf version; there is a definite family resemblance should the floor standers be too large or expensive. The design philosophy seems to be to aim for a flat axial response and wide horizontal but narrow vertical directivity. The floor standers seem to have traded off bass extension for sensitivity.

This is the flagship model, so necessarily expensive, but a less expensive series is said to be in the works.

The R series, the one below the S series, is already available AFAIK.

Funny you should bring this up as I was about to post something similar.
I went to pick up my Auralic a few days ago and the dealer stocks this brand.
I mentioned that I might look into new speakers at some point and the kind of music I listen to and he suggested the flagship model.
Didn't have time for an audition there and then but will definitely go back soon to have a listen.

The reviews are all glowing. Kal Rubinson said they were the best speakers he had ever had in his room

Are you sure there is a relationship between Arendal and Perlisten?
Hi maybe not per-se', companies relation, I think the connection is regarding the persons involved. But not an expert, take this with a grain of salt.

Last edited:
thanks

he notes

"The midrange clarity is unrivaled by any speaker I have heard to date. For example: In Matchbox Twenty’s “Real World”, the snare had a distinct wall bounce in the recording that I had not noticed before. I actually used a few other speakers on hand to see if I could hear this same event but none managed to provide that same distinct sound. I cannot state with certainty what might be the factor for this.....

Overall, one of the best performing speakers I have seen. There is a magic in the midrange that is uncanny and was a characteristic that made me tilt my head and go “hold on… let’s hear that again” as I went through my library of music."

Hi maybe not per-se', companies relation, I think the connection is regarding the persons involved. But not an expert, take this with a grain of salt.
I believe one of the guys designed some speakers for Arendal at some point, a previous range I think, not the current stuff. But then, Andrew Jones has designed speakers for TAD, Elac, KEF, Pioneer, and a few others, but it doesn’t mean they all sound similar. Some individuals on one forum were trying to say that Arendal was basically as good as Perlisten based on that, but cheaper. Designers have to work with what they’ve got, hence different projects turn out differently. Perlisten has pretty much been a no-holds-barred project, and that shows in the design, execution, and sound quality of the products.

on a general note, the D215s sub and the S Series (as an AV package) have just won EISA awards.

nice , i was wondering if they will be at Ascot this year [ hi fi news show ] but seems not according to lists . wonder if it will be at any shows

advertisement

Back