advertisement

"Perfect, let me know if you get a password request"

I use a technique if I can't get a store manager to speak to me.

Me - Hello can I speak to the manager? (knowing full well the response will be no he isn't available)

Store Clerk Johnny - Erm no he isn't around at the moment!

Me - Oh that's a shame as I had some good feedback I wanted to pass on!

SCJ - Oh really? Well okay I'll see if I can find him.

Me - Great! Thanks!

Manager - Hello?

Me - Gotcha...........

Its a hoax because if you press 4 or 5 when they call you, your number is on their caller display.

It would only work if there was a IQ - dork at the other end.

I have been plagued by these PPI intrusions, the best way to deal with them is to ask for the supervisor and get them to remove you from their robot dialler.

Anyone else got any ideas for dealing with nuisance landline callers?

One other thing, when you press 4 or 5, THEY are being charged for the 0843/5 call, 30p a minute if not more iirc!

Yeh they love our six year old, boy she can talk, barbies, zelfs, books about poo....

Sounds like a load of old bollox, I've never seen a phone do a factory reset without asking you to confirm it first. I suspect just pressing an OK button for a time would not hard reset the phone.

The dialler calls you and then connects you to an IVR which takes the option and then passes you to an agent. Most systems will use a pop up notification so the agent knows who the customer is.

I just let them start then say 'hang on, there's someone at the door' and put the handset down next to the radio in the kitchen. Incredibly petty, and not even as straightforward as just putting the phone down, but fun in a 'they might be coming back' kind of way.

They have already ruined the moment when I pick up the phone. I havent time to be playing games with them other than putting the phone down

Dont have any sympathy...telesales bods are the garbage of humanity

Its a numbers game...maybe the backlash should be against the 1% who will chat to anyone and buy anything. Ive seen them in action and they are the very reason telesales calls will continue to be made

I cant think of one thing I would be happy to receive a telesales call on...Can you?

Just tell them this call may be recorded for training and security purposes and ask them to agree to that

I have a play with them now and again because being polite and asking to be removed from their database doesn't seem to work so I've given up on that.

I've had the insurance people who call up asking about an 'accident that I was involved in recently according to their records' so I told the caller that I had. He asked how did it happen so I made something up like I was driving and hit 4 cars.....a Rolls Royce, a Ferrari, a Bentley and a Lamborgini. I went on to confess how I wrote these cars off and they all had suspected whiplash injuries etc. I was put on to his supervisor as this was a big case who came on the line asking if the details I had given were true to which I replied 'No' and if they truly had 'records' they would know I haven't had an accident so why are they calling?? Haven't had any calls for a while though......

You can also ask them some security questions like mothers maiden name, postcode and first line of address, date of birth etc

advertisement

Back