advertisement

People's Vote march on the 19th of October

I'm going. Think this is the important one, and if it's smaller than the last - a hard act to follow - will no doubt be seized on as confirmation of "just get it done" swill of the peepul.
Which we absolutely do not want.
So if you can make it come, bring a friend, bring a march newbie, get it out on your antisocial media, get your family clued up.
Seriously, if you support a more informed ref but have never been on a huge march it is one of the experiences of our age, and you IMHO would die the poorer for not having experienced it.

I'm going. Think this is the important one, and if it's smaller than the last - a hard act to follow - will no doubt be seized on as confirmation of "just get it done" swill of the peepul.
Which we absolutely do not want.
So if you can make it come, bring a friend, bring a march newbie, get it out on your antisocial media, get your family clued up.
Seriously, if you support a more informed ref but have never been on a huge march it is one of the experiences of our age, and you IMHO would die the poorer for not having experienced it.
Seconded!

It’s a life affirming experience.

I've never been to a march myself and not easy for me to get down to London where I live but good luck to those who do.

It's an important one - could be the last chance to make a difference and get that people's vote which I believe is the only sensible and democratic way forward.

There might be special coaches laid on

_99609613_8e5e3cfe-4bfe-407a-85d8-4f9526cb0670.jpg
?

I want go on peoples march but collection for bus at Exeter is at 6.30am and there are no trains running into Exeter before 6.30am from where I am so have to watch it on telly. I hope the turn out will be huge and breaks some records (in my dreams..!)

Ha, I think I get the idea, but it’s a bit of a stretch for you, strictly speaking, to answer that no, there isn’t anyone else going :)

Three hours ago I didn’t know this was happening and now I’m going to be part of it... at least now if I get as far as the gates of heaven and St Peter asks me what I did to try to stop this idiocy, I’ll be able to look him in the eye and show him my coach ticket.

Glad to hear that you found out in time. And yep, I think a lot of us who plan to go would share the sentiment. The 7.45 coach will be a bit of a PITA, but hopefully it’ll be worth it, come judgement day!

Why is a minority protesting against the most sensible thing the UK has voted for in decades? Doubtless it will be a few thousand, with the media telling us it was hundreds of thousands. Remoaners are the problem, they have no respect for democracy - you lost, get over it. It amazes me how any sane person could think the EU is in any way a good idea - it bankrupts its member nations (just ask Greece, Ireland, Spain, Italy and Germany), it wants to build an 'empire' according to Guy Verhofstadt, and empires always fall. The demise of the EU is imminent, and cannot happen soon enough.

advertisement

Back