advertisement

Pearl Audio Sibelius

Nickdubai

pfm Member
Hi,

I would be interested to hear from folks who have listened to Pearl Audio Sibelius speakers extensively or have owned these for a while also what you partner with them Valve, A/B, Class D.

I am trying to avoid feedback from folks who have views about single driver speakers who actually haven't ever heard these speakers :)

I had a demo of a pair at art&sound in ealing. Very impressive, lots of detail and a natural presentation. I’m still torn between these and some atc scm40a’s. Very different speakers but considering them for very different reasons.

I had a demo of a pair at art&sound in ealing. Very impressive, lots of detail and a natural presentation. I’m still torn between these and some atc scm40a’s. Very different speakers but considering them for very different reasons.
Thanks, how was the bass, could you hear the port or did it integrate well with the room

I am always a bit sceptical, if they are so great why don't all speaker manufacturers make speakers like this, single drive unit, no crossover components to worry about/source... There has to be a disadvantage

I guess bass and treble extension are obvious problems. The dynamics and coherence of a crossoverless design absolutely does it for me (but not these speakers, which I would love to hear).

Such designs are inherently efficient. Another big bonus in my book.

Very good on light jazz / Classical
if you tastes run to rock or even EDM Cube more dynamic / Full Range

Cube Audio Bliss C loudspeakers

Amplifiers that are working very well with Cube Audio
Up to 4'000 Euro
First Watt SIT-3
Feliks 300b Arioso
Fezz Audio Lybra 300B
Fezz Audio Mira Ceti 300B
Music book 250 Power
Naim Audio XS2
Naim Audio Uniti Atom
Sun Audio 2A3
Quad Artera Pre + Power
Tsakiridis AEOLOS PLUS EL34
Tsakiridis Hermes EL84
Tsakiridis ORPHEUS 211
4'000 - 10'000 Euro
Aesthetix Mimas
Bakoon amp13r
FANTINI 2 GM-70
First Watt SIT-1
Manley Stingray II
Quad II Classic
Sun Audio 300B
Tektron TK211SI REF
Tektron TK2A3/300BPSE-I-REF
Tektron TK300BS-I-ECY
Verdier 300B
Viva Solistino integrated

Thanks, how was the bass, could you hear the port or did it integrate well with the room
The bass was very good especially for the size of the speakers. No obvious signs of the port.
I listened to music from massive attack and tricky etc and was not disappointed.

Very good on light jazz / Classical
if you tastes run to rock or even EDM Cube more dynamic / Full Range

Cube Audio Bliss C loudspeakers

Amplifiers that are working very well with Cube Audio
Up to 4'000 Euro
First Watt SIT-3
Feliks 300b Arioso
Fezz Audio Lybra 300B
Fezz Audio Mira Ceti 300B
Music book 250 Power
Naim Audio XS2
Naim Audio Uniti Atom
Sun Audio 2A3
Quad Artera Pre + Power
Tsakiridis AEOLOS PLUS EL34
Tsakiridis Hermes EL84
Tsakiridis ORPHEUS 211
4'000 - 10'000 Euro
Aesthetix Mimas
Bakoon amp13r
FANTINI 2 GM-70
First Watt SIT-1
Manley Stingray II
Quad II Classic
Sun Audio 300B
Tektron TK211SI REF
Tektron TK2A3/300BPSE-I-REF
Tektron TK300BS-I-ECY
Verdier 300B
Viva Solistino integrated

yes Cube audio seems to attract a lot of praise , made in Poland and worth a listen

Hi,

I would be interested to hear from folks who have listened to Pearl Audio Sibelius speakers extensively or have owned these for a while also what you partner with them Valve, A/B, Class D.

I am trying to avoid feedback from folks who have views about single driver speakers who actually haven't ever heard these speakers :)

I have had a pair for two and a half years. Currently I use a Sudgen A21 Signature which is a great match. Previously I used a Quad Artera Stereo which, on paper, has six times the power of the Class A Sudgen but the Sugden sounds more muscular and dynamic. My opinion on the Sibelius is in the other recent thread initiated by JTC.

The problem with the Sibelius for prospective purchasers is persuading yourself that relatively small full range driver in a modest cabinet can produce the weight, scale and range of larger multidriver cabinet. In my experience it does with ease. Somehow they seem to defy the laws of physics. The Sibelius repiaced some much larger transmission line speakers with 8 inch Kevlar bass units. I don't miss them at all. Lack of dealers is a problem. I hosted a demo for someone local who was interested. He promptly ordered a pair.

I suggest you contact Harley at Peral Acouustics. He's very helpful.

I’d rather look at them than the Mission 770s. I’m sure I’d love them but reading between the lines, I’m not sure the reviewer really did. And I wish he could say Sibelius properly.

advertisement

Back