advertisement

PayPal Fees - again

eddie pugh

pfm Member
I just sold an item on e-abay for £160.65 with Postage extra at £8.50 making a total of £169.15

The amount that I received in my Paypal Account was £159.82 a deduction of £9.33

I thought Paypal fee was 3.4% + 20p = £5.95

Can anyone shed any light re the £3.38 difference

Calling PayPal is like talking to myself

The only thing I should add is that the buyer may well be foreign but the shipping address is a Box No in Newcastle upon Tyne

I am proposing to send the item by First Class signed for UK mail

eddie

Should I worry ??

I would refund them via PayPal and cancel the transaction get all your fees back and resist item.
state clearly in your listing you will not post out to PO boxes .

Resistance is useless!

Easier said than done. You end up with your item locked in until the buyer agrees to cancel.

only send to the paypal holders regestered address or you will lose everything

Dont ask how i know this !!

The only thing I should add is that the buyer may well be foreign but the shipping address is a Box No in Newcastle upon Tyne

eddie

Should I worry ??

I've had this a few times, I have buyer restrictions on for any addresses outside the UK etc but frequently have buyers from Asia who use freight forwarding companies as their registered ebay/paypal addresses.

In these cases I make sure I buy and print the label (parcelforce 48) via paypal as there is little recourse for them then as it is always a signed for tracked service.

Not sure if 1st class signed for is classed as tracked as it only updates when the item is delivered. Personally I would use a service that shows full tracking.

I just sold an item on e-abay for £160.65 with Postage extra at £8.50 making a total of £169.15

The amount that I received in my Paypal Account was £159.82 a deduction of £9.33

I thought Paypal fee was 3.4% + 20p = £5.95

Can anyone shed any light re the £3.38 difference

Calling PayPal is like talking to myself

eddie

Should I worry ??

Hi Eddie.

I think it is ebays global shipping address which suggests it is going abroad. I almost fell out with a buyer as I thought they were trying to con me. But worth checking

http://sellercentre.ebay.co.uk/private/global-shipping-programme

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
I thought the global shipping address was near Heathrow (global shipping is also used within the UK)

Nope it is Derbyshire

Unit 1,
Langham Park
Berristow Lane
South Normanton
Derbyshire
DE55 2JL

I thought the global shipping address was near Heathrow (global shipping is also used within the UK)

Nope it is Derbyshire

Unit 1,
Langham Park
Berristow Lane
South Normanton
Derbyshire
DE55 2JL

There is also one is Staffordshire now:

Unit 3, Dove Close. Ref #A1967444774DE. LICHFIELD Staffordshire. WS13 8UR.

Just a brief update.
The shipping address is the guys registered Paypal address and judging by his quick responses to my e-mails he would appear to be a UK resident or a Chinese Resident insomniac.

I've decided to trust the guy and sent the Item first Class signed for so hopefully a tracked delivery record

I'm still perplexed by the Paypal Fee calc so can anyone shed any light on the calculation basis. The buyer advised that he paid for the item by Paypal inked to his Visa Credit card. I regularly pay for the items I buy via Paypal with a linked MasterCard
Are my sellers incurring such massive Paypal deductions ?

eddie

advertisement

Back