advertisement

Paul McCartney

I.D.C.

pfm Member
Have been a fan for years and have a few of his albums. McCartney / Ram / Venus & Mars / Band On The Run.. yesterday I put on Give My Regards To Broad Street produced by George Martin. The album has a collection of McCartney Beatles & Wings songs rerecorded. The songs are played better than the originals with a top notch production. What a album it's a belter.

Have been a fan for years and have a few of his albums. McCartney / Ram / Venus & Mars / Band On The Run.. yesterday I put on Give My Regards To Broad Street produced by George Martin. The album has a collection of McCartney Beatles & Wings songs rerecorded. The songs are played better than the originals with a top notch production. What a album it's a belter.

Band On The Run (UK early press) is a great sounding record, always enjoyed the production. Just stuck it on now, sounds fab.

I did have Wild Life, but have lost it/ sold it/misplaced it. I think I have heard 'Give My Regards...' but don't have it.

I do have this odd McCartney album, a gift from a russian woman.

Пол Маккартни* ‎– Снова В СССР
Label:
Мелодия ‎– A60 00415 006, MPL (2) ‎– A60 00415 006
Format:
Vinyl, LP, Album, Repress, White labels
USSR
Released:
Genre:
Rock, Pop
Style:
Rock & Roll

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/CHOBA_B_CCCP

Was he one of the guys in The Beatles ?

I do have this odd McCartney album, a gift from a russian woman.

Пол Маккартни* ‎– Снова В СССР
Label:
Мелодия ‎– A60 00415 006, MPL (2) ‎– A60 00415 006
Format:
Vinyl, LP, Album, Repress, White labels
USSR
Released:
Genre:
Rock, Pop
Style:
Rock & Roll

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/CHOBA_B_CCCP

I have a copy of the LP given to me by the Russian wife of a friend. It's now freely available digitally.

Of the other solo albums I like Back to the Egg - and the latest, Egypt Station, is pretty good too.

Let us know what you think of the album.
Just had a quick listen through album,some nice arrangements and remixes.
Overall production isn't quite up to Band on the run standards,but will definitely further listen.
It may be just my ears.

Kidding, right? Of course you are.
Yes I was just being silly, I have been a fan since I was 6 or 7 years old ! I haven’t bought much McCartney stuff since Flaming Pie though, but him and his old band mates are still on regular rotation on my stereo !

This is a very old rumour. Sir Paul is the real one, no doubt about it.
By the way, does anybody have a good source for the Mc Cartney/Gilmour classic rock n’ roll gig?

Fair play, some of his recordings within the Beatles are brilliant - rocking numbers, ballads and folky, he can write and perform the lot, I have to say though a lot of his other work leaves me cold (admittedly I haven’t given it a lot of attention). It always surprises me how highly regarded he is nowadays but I can’t deny his versatility.
Lookout if Ringo goes first, he can completely re-write Beatles history then.

advertisement

Back