advertisement

Paul McCartney to replace Kurt Cobain in Nirvana reunion

Still

he said his naim was ralph
Suicide.gif

Smells unlike teen spirit

I can't even think of the adequate words, quite unbelievable and something I would think of a travesty in the making.

"in a late news break today, Paul McCartney blew his head off in seattle"

-from the twitterverse
Kurt Cobain was from Aberdeen, WA. Not Seattle. Very dark and depressive town.

When he and Courtney wed, they lived in Madison Park, Seattle, WA.

He knew Nirvana (was interviewed in the 90s and said they were one of his favourite bands), and has played with Grohl before. He just didn't realise he was playing in a reunuion. Cobain was a big Beatles fan. It's not as bizarre as it appears. It will be terrible, though.

Hey , at least it's just a 'for one night only' jam.

As a bass player I think Macca is up there with the very best, but replacing Kurt Cobain in Nirvana....? Big mistake.

I'd add "Wonderful Chritsmastime" and "Ebony and Ivory" too.

p.s. I prefer the Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain's version of 'Teen Spirit' to the original.

TBH, not as awful as it could have been. Doesn't sound anything like Nirvana mind you. Could be a not particularly exciting outtake from the White Album though.

I was listening to a Germs compilation last night. Odd to see a chubby middle aged Pat Smear doing chubby middle aged rock moves.

I have a horrible premonition of 'Hey Jude' being strung out along the tune of Nirvana's version of Leadbelly's 'Where did you sleep last night'.

Worst of all possible worlds <shudders>

It seems they have Pat Smear included, which means that whatever happens there will be a bit of magic. He has always been the secret ingredient in whatever band he plays with and without him they lack a lot.
Let's not prejudge. There really isn't any need to do this though.

advertisement

Back