advertisement

Patti Smith

Robn

pfm Member
Before last night I had last seen her play with her band at Reading in 1978. I hadn't been sure what to expect last night and have to say I was shocked and delighted by her vitality and the power of her voice which seems to have surrendered little to the passing of time.

I know and have Horses, Radio Ethiopia and Easter but lost touch after that. Any suggestions for how to start catching up with her releases since that period?

I love Patti. Great she’s still on top form. Two essential albums are Trampin’ and Banga.

Before last night I had last seen her play with her band at Reading in 1978. I hadn't been sure what to expect last night and have to say I was shocked and delighted by her vitality and the power of her voice which seems to have surrendered little to the passing of time.

I know and have Horses, Radio Ethiopia and Easter but lost touch after that. Any suggestions for how to start catching up with her releases since that period?

Robn - how come we did not bump into each other back in 1978 ? A number of us 17 and 18 year olds headed to Reading from our town of Banbury. Mainly to see The Jam, The Pirates, Chelsea, Tom Robinson Band and Patti Smith and definitely NOT Foreigner/Status Quo/Lindisfarne who were also on the billing. Seen Patti Smith many times since - most recently at Massey Hall in Toronto and still as fierce as ever onstage. Not many recent albums from her but I do like "Gone Again" and "Banga" in addition to those early albums.

A friend saw her perform in Greece earlier this summer and said she and the band were fantastic.

Not exactly "current", but I really enjoy "dream of life"

advertisement

Back