advertisement

Passive signal splitter?

pzblues

pfm Member
Hi, i want to connect two sources to my power amplifier, i don't have room for a preamp and just wondered if there were such thing as a passive audio signal splitter/switcher, something small with minimal interference on the original signal. Both sources have independent volume control but only via analogue output which rules out a small dac! any help much appreciated.

pz

If you look on eBay or Amazon for 'RCA splitter' or 'Y' connecter you will find something for pennies. So long as you are careful to switch off the unused source so the amp only ever sees a single source, that should be OK.

Perhaps a search for a switchable version of the above would yield better results?

Hi, i want to connect two sources to my power amplifier, i don't have room for a preamp and just wondered if there were such thing as a passive audio signal splitter/switcher, something small with minimal interference on the original signal. Both sources have independent volume control but only via analogue output which rules out a small dac! any help much appreciated.

pz

I had a similar requirement, my M-Dac is my digital pre-amp (SBT, CD etc.), and my 8000Q is my analogue pre-amp (TT, AV etc.).

So I got one of these...

http://www.homehifi.co.uk/products/TC-7240.html

...not cheap but very good quality

advertisement

Back