advertisement

Passion Sources - Peter Gabriel - Vinyl £11.38

Gerard124

pfm Member
Passion Sources - Peter Gabriel - Vinyl only £11.38

Use discount code: PASSION-SEPT19

Link

Also includes CD quality download - been streaming this album a fair bit last few weeks, well chuffed to pick it up for just over a tenner :)

Passion Sources was compiled by Peter Gabriel as a companion to his album Passion, the music he’d written for the Martin Scorsese film The Last Temptation of Christ.

Alongside Passion, Passion Sources was one of the very first albums to be released on the newly formed Real World Records in 1989. The album has not been available on vinyl for many years.

Recording the film soundtrack, Peter Gabriel worked with many international musicians. Some recorded at Real World Studios, some on the film’s location in North Africa, and others were sought out from past archives. Passion Sources gives us scope to hear more from these musicians in their own right.

“In my research for Passion, many people mentioned the wonderful resources of the National Sound Archive and in particular introduced me to Lucy Duran, who both understood what I was hoping to achieve and made lots of great suggestions. Scorsese had asked for a new type of score that was neither ancient nor modern, that was not a pastiche but had clear references to the region, traditions and atmospheres, but was in itself a living thing.”

Available for the first time on vinyl since its original release in 1990. Also comes with a digital download card for 16bit CD quality files.

advertisement

Back