advertisement

Paloma

Um, I had never heard of her and sorry, not my cup of tea, sounded like someone half capable having a go at karaoke

Bracksy

Yes I am listening to her on my restored 1957 Bush Radio VHF94 tuner and a very nice experience it is too.

I am definitely having a groovy experience tonight.

Regards

Mick

Occasionally scarily like Amy Winehouse with "only Love can hurt like this", Amy would have done this gud..I just adore this voice... and with "never tear us apart" has a fair bit of Adelle in it. What a talented lady. Thanks Braksy. I need to keep up, I really do. :)

Good Man Mick
I think she is Fab

I think Mick is being :rolleyes: here!!

Have you not heard about his legendary Sarah Brightman vinyl collection including all of the half speed masters and picture discs?

I don't know how he is doing with the white label test pressings and acetates though!

We need updating!!

Occasionally scarily like Amy Winehouse with "only Love can hurt like this", Amy would have done this gud..I just adore this voice... and with "never tear us apart" has a fair bit of Adelle in it. What a talented lady. Thanks Braksy. I need to keep up, I really do. :)

I reckon Paloma has been singing since before Amy Winehouse hit the scene, she's in her 30s now, and quite an experienced performer. I reckon her timbre is more like a brass instrument. Amy Winehouse's voice was more woodwind like.

They were very close in age - PF was born in 1981, AW 1983. Given that AW was performing aged about 17 on, I don't think PF had much chance to get a big headstart. Both Londoners though, so maybe Amy went to a gig or two in the early days, who knows?

They were very close in age - PF was born in 1981, AW 1983. Given that AW was performing aged about 17 on, I don't think PF had much chance to get a big headstart. Both Londoners though, so maybe Amy went to a gig or two in the early days, who knows?

Well, they certainly met soon after Paloma had started fronting a band near Central St Martins as per the following in the telegraph. The main thing I was meaning was that she isn't a copier of Amy's style, she's a bot older and created her own look and sound.

Just watched it on iplayer and thought it was brilliant, especially the duet with Ty Taylor.

Bracksy

Yes I am listening to her on my restored 1957 Bush Radio VHF94 tuner and a very nice experience it is too.

Yes. She is noted for her ability to induce audio name dropping in the Wiltshire set.

I am definitely having a groovy experience tonight.

Regards

Mick

Have you cleared that with Mrs Mick?

I still have to watch it, I love her. Great artist and a funny and interesting person. She's a brilliant panellist.

Yes. She is noted for her ability to induce audio name dropping in the Wiltshire set.

Have you cleared that with Mrs Mick?

Mr Mick is bound to be a bit miffed over THIS item of recent news...

Sarah Brightman heading into SPACE: Singer set for £31million tourist flight to International Space Station

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/sarah-brightman-heading-space-singer-4167102

She's still looking for a starship trooper I guess?

Poor Mick, heheh!

advertisement

Back